Patching up some rough spots. Lookin... Log Out | Topics | Search
Moderators | Register | Edit Profile

Slate Roof Central Message Board » Slate Roofs » Patching up some rough spots. Looking for advice « Previous Next »

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message

Old_school (Old_school)
Username: Old_school

Post Number: 1246
Posted on Monday, October 12, 2020 - 08:03 pm:   Edit Post Delete Post View Post/Check IP Print Post    Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only) Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only)

Glad it worked for you. After reading the "Bible" and working on the roof, you know more than 90% of the so called "roofers" out there. Well done. Old School

Mdoyle1 (Mdoyle1)
Username: Mdoyle1

Post Number: 5
Posted on Sunday, October 11, 2020 - 07:18 pm:   Edit Post Delete Post View Post/Check IP Print Post    Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only) Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only)

i fixed it up nice. thanks to the slate roof bible! and my roofer neighbor who gave me some pointers..

Mdoyle1 (Mdoyle1)
Username: Mdoyle1

Post Number: 4
Posted on Saturday, September 26, 2020 - 07:43 pm:   Edit Post Delete Post View Post/Check IP Print Post    Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only) Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only)

I got my roof brackets today, getting ready to fill in the gaps on my roof. its in good shape for the most part. when nailing the brackets in is nailing the rafters a guessing game or do the generally fall between the slate?

i have a long ways to go to the peak, i plan on using 2 sets of brackets with 2 10' aluminum ladders. nice and light. i have a ladder hook but it seems like it might me tough to roll the thing up there myself. im thinking working my way up with the roof brackets. good idea? also using some fall protection, throwing a line over the roof. best way up?

Add Your Message Here
This is a private posting area. Only registered users and moderators may post messages here.
Password:
Options: Enable HTML code in message
Automatically activate URLs in message
Action:

Topics | Last Day | Last Week | Tree View | Search | User List | Help/Instructions | Program Credits Administration