I want to be a slater... Log Out | Topics | Search
Moderators | Register | Edit Profile

Slate Roof Central Message Board » Slate Roofs » I want to be a slater... « Previous Next »

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message

Kurtis Hord
Posted on Friday, October 13, 2006 - 03:00 pm:   Edit Post Delete Post View Post/Check IP Print Post    Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only) Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only)

Thanks for the reply Joe, I wish I could make it to New Orleans but I can't take off work.

Joe Jenkins
Posted on Friday, October 13, 2006 - 01:47 pm:   Edit Post Delete Post View Post/Check IP Print Post    Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only) Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only)

We are in the process of developing training via the SRCA, but we don't have anything off the ground just yet (October 2006). We will keep you posted. In the meantime, there are things like the IPTW (see PTN.org). This year it's in New Orleans and we'll be teaching people how to repair slate and asbestos roofs, October 23-28.

Kurtis Hord
Posted on Friday, October 13, 2006 - 11:19 am:   Edit Post Delete Post View Post/Check IP Print Post    Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only) Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only)

Aviva, I appreciate the response, but China is a long way from home for me to travel.

Are there apprenticeships or training available through SRCA? I searched on the website and found some pictures from previous confrences, but no current information on sources for training in the US.

Aviva Liu
Posted on Friday, October 13, 2006 - 03:15 am:   Edit Post Delete Post View Post/Check IP Print Post    Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only) Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only)

I engaged in slate business in China,suppling roof tile,floor tile and wall panel products etc..

If there is something i can help you here,i would be very glad to do so.

Ms.Aviva
Email:avivaliu100@hotmail.com

gabriel manailescu
Posted on Wednesday, October 11, 2006 - 09:48 pm:   Edit Post Delete Post View Post/Check IP Print Post    Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only) Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only)

Same here. I live in Toronto Canada and I am very interested to import and to install slate roofs. What is the best way to start?

Kurtis Hord
Posted on Tuesday, October 10, 2006 - 04:45 pm:   Edit Post Delete Post View Post/Check IP Print Post    Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only) Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only)

Other than reading "The Bible" what can I do? I would like to apprentice with someone and gain experience with traditional building methods and historical work. Mainly: slate roofs, decorative sheet metal (copper, tin, etc). Most of the contractors in this area are only interested in new construction with synthetic materials.
I'm working an office job right now, and I want to change dirrections for good. I have average carpentry skills (framing, basic finish work). I have some experience with drafting (traditional and CAD).

Add Your Message Here
This is a private posting area. Only registered users and moderators may post messages here.
Password:
Options: Enable HTML code in message
Automatically activate URLs in message
Action:

Topics | Last Day | Last Week | Tree View | Search | User List | Help/Instructions | Program Credits Administration