104 year old carriage house with slat... Log Out | Topics | Search
Moderators | Register | Edit Profile

Slate Roof Central Message Board » Slate Roofs » 104 year old carriage house with slate roof that needs to come down « Previous Next »

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message

Robert O' Malley
Username: Moover2008

Post Number: 1
Posted on Tuesday, April 08, 2008 - 04:04 pm:   Edit Post Delete Post View Post/Check IP Print Post    Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only) Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only)

The best slate for the Irish and U.K and Scottish climate is a slate supplier by a company in Ireland called www.irishslatecompany.com They have a fantastic slate that we work with all of the time, they even export into the U.K. They also cater for all recycled slate jobs give them a bell

Michael James Hill
Username: Mjh

Post Number: 2
Posted on Saturday, March 08, 2008 - 04:19 pm:   Edit Post Delete Post View Post/Check IP Print Post    Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only) Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only)

Is it Vermont Grey-Black? If you could remove 1 slate and take it to a slate salvage yard they could tell you what it is and how mutch it is worth.
mjh

Stephen J Taran
Advanced Member
Username: Steve_t

Post Number: 47
Posted on Saturday, March 08, 2008 - 10:43 am:   Edit Post Delete Post View Post/Check IP Print Post    Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only) Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only)

Alot of the slate salvage yards are paying $125.00 to $200.00 per square retail he might get that much

Slate Affair Inc.
Username: Slate_man

Post Number: 177
Posted on Saturday, March 08, 2008 - 06:24 am:   Edit Post Delete Post View Post/Check IP Print Post    Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only) Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only)

It looks like a nice black slate of some kind. Not much broken a picture like joe said would be nice. It about 8 to 10 sq from what I can see. If it is a good slate and you took it of and brought it to a slate salvage yard you may see from $225.00 to $350.00 per sq. This is if the slate is good? I think it is but a better picture would help.

Joe Jenkins
Username: Joe

Post Number: 237
Posted on Friday, March 07, 2008 - 11:12 am:   Edit Post Delete Post View Post/Check IP Print Post    Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only) Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only)

Dan, Can you get a closer photo?

Kurtis Hord
Username: Kwhord

Post Number: 28
Posted on Friday, March 07, 2008 - 09:42 am:   Edit Post Delete Post View Post/Check IP Print Post    Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only) Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only)

Nice looking roof!

Daniel Sullivan
Username: Dansully

Post Number: 1
Posted on Friday, March 07, 2008 - 02:55 am:   Edit Post Delete Post View Post/Check IP Print Post    Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only) Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only)

I have a slate roof on a carriage house that I need to take down. I have yet to get a piece off to try to identify it. What is the best way for me to get details out about what kind of slate it is to sell it? Is there a "How to Sell Your Roof" post around here somewhere that I'm missing? You can see a picture of it at the top of www.sullymedia.com
BTW. I'm in southern Indiana.

Add Your Message Here
This is a private posting area. Only registered users and moderators may post messages here.
Password:
Options: Enable HTML code in message
Automatically activate URLs in message
Action:

Topics | Last Day | Last Week | Tree View | Search | User List | Help/Instructions | Program Credits Administration