Flat lock copper roof on a curved roof? Log Out | Topics | Search
Moderators | Register | Edit Profile

Slate Roof Central Message Board » Traditional Roofing Magazine » Flat lock copper roof on a curved roof? « Previous Next »

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message

Mark Woodhouse
Posted on Friday, July 01, 2005 - 12:19 am:   Edit Post Delete Post View Post/Check IP Print Post    Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only) Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only)

I have a 2nd floor sleeping porch on my 1912 2.5 storey that needs to be re-roofed. It is rounded with an 18 inch drop on each side over it's 14 foot length. Could a flat lock copper or steel roof be installed in this case and if so what about running the drip edge on a curve?

Thank you.
Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message

Anonymous
Posted on Monday, July 04, 2005 - 08:54 pm:   Edit Post Delete Post View Post/Check IP Print Post    Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only) Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only)

Mark,

Unless you've done this before (and a few times I might add) find a professional to do that part of the job for you. They can be extremely aggrivating and they take alot of time. Yes it can be done in copper flat seam, steel I would stay away from, it rust and needs maintenance. If not copper I would go with stainless steel. This type of job is for a seasoned tin knocker. With the flat seam you will also have to solder all seams. Great idea and would look great and give your home that 1912 original look. But atleast seek out an experienced sheet metal person to give advice, lay out and either help or fabricate metal for you. Then you need a solder man. There is more to it than meets the eye.

Add Your Message Here
This is a private posting area. Only registered users and moderators may post messages here.
Password:
Options: Enable HTML code in message
Automatically activate URLs in message
Action:

Topics | Last Day | Last Week | Tree View | Search | User List | Help/Instructions | Program Credits Administration