Use 20oz flashing from store for roof... Log Out | Topics | Search
Moderators | Register | Edit Profile

Slate Roof Central Message Board » Traditional Roofing Magazine » Use 20oz flashing from store for roofing? « Previous Next »

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message

Joe Jenkins
Username: Joe

Post Number: 74
Posted on Tuesday, March 27, 2007 - 12:21 pm:   Edit Post Delete Post View Post/Check IP Print Post    Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only) Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only)

We use 20 ounce for all our flat-lock copper roofing and have used it for standing seam, drip edges, chimneys, step-flashing, etc. All you need is a pair of tin snips and a brake (or access to a brake).

Slate Affair Inc.
Username: Slate_man

Post Number: 26
Posted on Thursday, March 22, 2007 - 06:47 am:   Edit Post Delete Post View Post/Check IP Print Post    Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only) Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only)

Yes, you can use 20 oz copper from a roofing supply company to do all of the work you talked about. If you need help please feel free to e-mail Slate Affair Inc. My company could do any work you don't want to do. We will be it Mass working in June on another job. There is a company here in Vermont that would make what you want and ship it to you. They are called www.vulcansupply.com. Here is a picture of some block copper.
Block copper 1

Holly G Gates
Username: Hgates

Post Number: 1
Posted on Wednesday, March 21, 2007 - 11:35 am:   Edit Post Delete Post View Post/Check IP Print Post    Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only) Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only)

Hi there, I was wondering if I could use the 20oz flashing in the store to do some tiny metal roofing projects around my house. I've got a ~ 5x8 section of 10/12 roof over an exit that I'd like to do in standing seam, and a little basement walkout I would like to cover in flatlock soldered copper.

Any reason I wouldn't be able to cut and bend the 20oz material to accomplish this? I don't know of any places to get preformed pans for either roofing type around here. I also plan on making some drip edges, etc. from the roll of flashing.

Also, I would love to get that video of flatlock copper work, if you guys can finish it up!

Thanks,
-Holly

Add Your Message Here
This is a private posting area. Only registered users and moderators may post messages here.
Password:
Options: Enable HTML code in message
Automatically activate URLs in message
Action:

Topics | Last Day | Last Week | Tree View | Search | User List | Help/Instructions | Program Credits Administration