Quality of synthetic product/Maxi Shake Log Out | Topics | Search
Moderators | Register | Edit Profile

Slate Roof Central Message Board » Quality of Roofing Slate » Quality of synthetic product/Maxi Shake « Previous Next »

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message

Old_school (Old_school)
Username: Old_school

Post Number: 1172
Posted on Saturday, May 28, 2016 - 04:49 pm:   Edit Post Delete Post View Post/Check IP Print Post    Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only) Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only)

I don't know how long you have been "in" on these artificial slate products, but I have seen at least 15 of them come and go and fail in the meantime. The companies go out of business and the warranties that you admire are worthless. How many of them can you show me that are 60 to 125 years old? Those pictures are nice, but show them to me in about 30 or 40 years. You do realize that this is a slate forum don't you?

Stevenmurphy (Stevenmurphy)
Username: Stevenmurphy

Post Number: 2
Posted on Saturday, May 28, 2016 - 03:02 pm:   Edit Post Delete Post View Post/Check IP Print Post    Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only) Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only)

Synthetic slate will save you in the long run. Less structural support required, less maintenance, natural products don't come with warranties...the list goes on. Some synthetic slate is made from recycled materials, so you are saving the environment by reducing the massive costs associated with extracting natural slate.
Synthetic Slate Roof
World's Best Synthetic Slate: http://www.bravarooftile.com/

lybbiehall
Posted on Tuesday, June 21, 2005 - 04:33 pm:   Edit Post Delete Post View Post/Check IP Print Post    Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only) Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only)

Concerns pertaining to the quality of the product. I am interested in purchasing a home in Dallas, Texas that has the Maxi Shake roof. I am unfamiliar with the product and I am concerned that this type of roof may have quality issues of the nature that were experienced with the Hardi Slate roofs.

Any information would be most helpful.

Sandra Farrell
Posted on Sunday, July 17, 2005 - 03:25 pm:   Edit Post Delete Post View Post/Check IP Print Post    Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only) Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only)

I have a MAXI SHAKE roof that is 12 years old and must be replaced. Two roofing contractors have said the product, made in Mexico is defective.

admin
Posted on Monday, July 18, 2005 - 12:32 pm:   Edit Post Delete Post View Post/Check IP Print Post    Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only) Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only)

Go with natural slate. It will last a century or two.

Anonymous
Posted on Monday, August 08, 2005 - 02:35 am:   Edit Post Delete Post View Post/Check IP Print Post    Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only) Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only)

I am looking to replace my roof. It is a wood shake which is not replaceable in Southern Ca. Hardi slate, composite, was recommended. What problems have you experienced with this product?

Thank you.

Joe Jenkins (Admin)
Posted on Monday, August 08, 2005 - 10:45 am:   Edit Post Delete Post View Post/Check IP Print Post    Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only) Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only)

Nothing beats natural slate.

charles nelson
Posted on Saturday, October 15, 2005 - 11:22 am:   Edit Post Delete Post View Post/Check IP Print Post    Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only) Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only)

What were the "quality issues that were experienced with the Hardi Slate roofs"? I am replacing a roof and considering Hardi Slate. Thank you.

Piecemakers
Posted on Saturday, December 10, 2005 - 07:54 pm:   Edit Post Delete Post View Post/Check IP Print Post    Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only) Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only)

Hello,

We are looking for about 1500 to 2500 square feet of Hardi Slate in these colors - 65% Dark Gray, 20% Green and 15% Brown. The pieces are 8" wide by 16 to 18" long. Can anyone help us?

Add Your Message Here
This is a private posting area. Only registered users and moderators may post messages here.
Password:
Options: Enable HTML code in message
Automatically activate URLs in message
Action:

Topics | Last Day | Last Week | Tree View | Search | User List | Help/Instructions | Program Credits Administration