Slate Roof Identification Help Log Out | Topics | Search
Moderators | Register | Edit Profile

Slate Roof Central Message Board » Slate Roofs » Slate Roof Identification Help « Previous Next »

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message

Old_school (Old_school)
Username: Old_school

Post Number: 1216
Posted on Thursday, May 24, 2018 - 08:07 pm:   Edit Post Delete Post View Post/Check IP Print Post    Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only) Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only)

70 to 90 years and in that good a shape? It looks like Buckingham Virginia to me. Nice roof!
Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message

Mezus (Mezus)
Username: Mezus

Post Number: 1
Posted on Thursday, May 24, 2018 - 12:25 pm:   Edit Post Delete Post View Post/Check IP Print Post    Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only) Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only)

Hello all,

I bought a house recently with a slate roof and I was wondering if someone could help me identify the type of slate. The house is located in Birmingham, AL and was built some time between 1920-1945. I have found documentation that the porch slate is from Vermont, but can't find anything about the roof slate.

Pictures are attached. Please let me know if any other pictures or measuremebts would help.

Thanks

Add Your Message Here
This is a private posting area. Only registered users and moderators may post messages here.
Password:
Options: Enable HTML code in message
Automatically activate URLs in message
Action:

Topics | Last Day | Last Week | Tree View | Search | User List | Help/Instructions | Program Credits Administration