Insulating 1904 brick tudor Log Out | Topics | Search
Moderators | Register | Edit Profile

Slate Roof Central Message Board » Slate Roofs » Insulating 1904 brick tudor « Previous Next »

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message

I07nyc (I07nyc)
Username: I07nyc

Post Number: 1
Posted on Monday, November 20, 2017 - 02:18 pm:   Edit Post Delete Post View Post/Check IP Print Post    Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only) Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only)

I have a 1904 3 story brick Tudor, slate roof nailed to 1x6's. My 3rd floor is a finished hall going to a finished room and an open attic space. I have no soffit vents. The floor in the unfinished area is 1x4 boards with a 3\16" space between each board. I can pull up some of the boards and feed r30 fiberglass under the boards and leave the attic as a cold space or I can insulate the rafters bays using channels and r15 fiberglass. Right now I have single pane windows but I'm planning on installing storms in the spring. I'm in the nyc area. Any thoughts on which method would be better?

Add Your Message Here
This is a private posting area. Only registered users and moderators may post messages here.
Password:
Options: Enable HTML code in message
Automatically activate URLs in message
Action:

Topics | Last Day | Last Week | Tree View | Search | User List | Help/Instructions | Program Credits Administration