Slate Roof for Sale Log Out | Topics | Search
Moderators | Register | Edit Profile

Slate Roof Central Message Board » Slate Roofs » Slate Roof for Sale « Previous Next »

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message

Old_school (Old_school)
Username: Old_school

Post Number: 1218
Posted on Wednesday, June 13, 2018 - 07:57 pm:   Edit Post Delete Post View Post/Check IP Print Post    Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only) Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only)

Craig, Does the term "ready, FIRE!, aim" mean anything to you? You stack slate on end or edge like glass so that it doesn't crush itself or get broken. The pieces are not much good, and it looks like you have some that are stuck together with roofing cement. No good! Take the best looking one that you have and tap it with a hammer. If it goes "thud" it is junk. If it rings like a bell, you may have something. somewhere in between is a maybe. Three squares is not going to do anyone much good unless they need that color or size and they are close. Not sure what else to say. It is always better to ask us before you go through the effort. Good luck. Old school

Craig_w (Craig_w)
Username: Craig_w

Post Number: 2
Posted on Wednesday, June 13, 2018 - 11:38 am:   Edit Post Delete Post View Post/Check IP Print Post    Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only) Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only)

I have three square of removed slate roof tile for sale. It is in Newton Center MA. It is approximately 80 years old, some pieces are whole, some are broken, most have nail holes. Picture should be below.
Any questions, just ask :)Sample of our slateMore pics of slate

Old_school (Old_school)

Post Number: 1217
Posted on Sunday, June 10, 2018 - 04:18 pm:   Edit Post Delete Post View Post/Check IP Print Post    Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only) Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only)

Craig, That is like saying that you have a used car for sale. We need pictures and location to determine whether to ask about it. good luck.

Craig_w (Craig_w)
Username: Craig_w

Post Number: 1
Posted on Sunday, June 10, 2018 - 11:58 am:   Edit Post Delete Post View Post/Check IP Print Post    Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only) Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only)

I have 3 Square of slate already removed and ready for sale. It is approximately 80 years old, some full, some broke, clearly used.

All reasonable offers considered.

Marklucas (Marklucas)
Username: Marklucas

Posted on Saturday, December 24, 2016 - 01:54 am:   Edit Post Delete Post View Post/Check IP Print Post    Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only) Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only)

It is important to stay away from insurance policy scammers. Many companies do not provide all the services which they promised to give at the time of registration. Therefore, it is recommended to contact your local public adjuster before your insurance company. They can suggest you best deals related to your damages.

Old_school (Old_school)

Post Number: 1176
Posted on Monday, July 18, 2016 - 09:42 pm:   Edit Post Delete Post View Post/Check IP Print Post    Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only) Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only)

I wondered about that. Old Pennsylvania is soft and doesn't last.

New2slate (New2slate)
Username: New2slate

Post Number: 4
Posted on Monday, July 18, 2016 - 11:26 am:   Edit Post Delete Post View Post/Check IP Print Post    Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only) Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only)

Just had Durable Slate out of Columbus, Ohio stop by for an estimate and quote. I am currently fighting with my insurance due to low amount of payout. Durable slate informed me that I have Pennsylvania Black slate that is not worth much at all. 10"x 20" pieces. The rep. from Durable Slate was straight forward honest and very helpful. I would highly recommend them to anyone within their service area.

Slate_roofs (Slate_roofs)
Username: Slate_roofs

Post Number: 4
Posted on Monday, July 18, 2016 - 11:21 am:   Edit Post Delete Post View Post/Check IP Print Post    Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only) Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only)

I am interested at a look as well.

Old_school (Old_school)

Post Number: 1175
Posted on Friday, July 15, 2016 - 04:55 pm:   Edit Post Delete Post View Post/Check IP Print Post    Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only) Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only)

Is that in the East, North, West or South of Ohio?
The freight is going to wipe out most of any value that you have and it would be best to talk to someone that is close if they could use what you have.

Hey, send me some pictures, or better yet, post them on this page so we can all look at them. Depending on what it is, if you post pictures, you will have more eyes looking at it and that increases the chances of selling it.

New2slate (New2slate)

Post Number: 2
Posted on Friday, July 15, 2016 - 10:35 am:   Edit Post Delete Post View Post/Check IP Print Post    Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only) Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only)

Sorry Old School, thought just clicking on the user name supplied that information since you're in that "state up north." I can email you the pictures if you'd like to see them no problem at all. Kenton, Ohio 43326.

(Message edited by New2slate on July 15, 2016)

Old_school (Old_school)

Post Number: 1174
Posted on Thursday, July 14, 2016 - 09:48 pm:   Edit Post Delete Post View Post/Check IP Print Post    Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only) Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only)

Pictures are always good to start with. Another "must" is your location, since the closer we are, the more likely we will talk to you.

New2slate (New2slate)

Posted on Thursday, July 14, 2016 - 01:25 pm:   Edit Post Delete Post View Post/Check IP Print Post    Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only) Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only)

Have a 17.5 square slate roof about to be taken down. I do not know much about slate at all but I do have pictures I can email. Anyone out there interested or can point me in the right direction as to selling it, I would greatly appreciate it!

Add Your Message Here
This is a private posting area. Only registered users and moderators may post messages here.
Password:
Options: Enable HTML code in message
Automatically activate URLs in message
Action:

Topics | Last Day | Last Week | Tree View | Search | User List | Help/Instructions | Program Credits Administration