Leftover slates for repairs Log Out | Topics | Search
Moderators | Register | Edit Profile

Slate Roof Central Message Board » Slate Roofs » Leftover slates for repairs « Previous Next »

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message

Catfeesh (Catfeesh)
Advanced Member
Username: Catfeesh

Post Number: 47
Posted on Friday, December 04, 2015 - 09:26 am:   Edit Post Delete Post View Post/Check IP Print Post    Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only) Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only)

thanks for the words of wisdom old school... i just figured out that I have to use my phone to reply to posts?!

Old_school (Old_school)
Username: Old_school

Post Number: 1136
Posted on Thursday, October 29, 2015 - 06:12 pm:   Edit Post Delete Post View Post/Check IP Print Post    Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only) Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only)

They make more of that everyday. When you use it up, the next day you will need some. On the other hand, if you never use it up, you will never need it. That is the way it works. Like I say, you can always get more of the North country. Nice slate!

Catfeesh (Catfeesh)
Advanced Member
Username: Catfeesh

Post Number: 44
Posted on Thursday, October 29, 2015 - 05:26 pm:   Edit Post Delete Post View Post/Check IP Print Post    Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only) Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only)

Hi guys,
This might be an odd question...
How many slates should one set aside for future repairs and replacement?

I have leftovers from my cabin that I'd like to use on a shed, but figure I should set some aside.

The slate is north country black. I've used about 7 squares, and have over 1 square leftover. I'm assuming my amateur installation will likely be the main cause of any long term failures.

Add Your Message Here
This is a private posting area. Only registered users and moderators may post messages here.
Password:
Options: Enable HTML code in message
Automatically activate URLs in message
Action:

Topics | Last Day | Last Week | Tree View | Search | User List | Help/Instructions | Program Credits Administration