Is painting a way to unify the colors... Log Out | Topics | Search
Moderators | Register | Edit Profile

Slate Roof Central Message Board » Slate Roofs » Is painting a way to unify the colors on a slate roof? « Previous Next »

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message

Kwhord (Kwhord)
Username: Kwhord

Post Number: 287

Posted on Monday, July 28, 2014 - 06:33 pm:   Edit Post Delete Post View Post/Check IP Print Post    Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only) Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only)

I'm not touching this one with a 10' extension pole

Jaycey (Jaycey)
Username: Jaycey

Post Number: 2
Posted on Tuesday, July 15, 2014 - 07:27 pm:   Edit Post Delete Post View Post/Check IP Print Post    Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only) Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only)

Looking forward to Joe's reply - help Joe!

Old_school (Old_school)
Username: Old_school

Post Number: 1075
Posted on Monday, July 14, 2014 - 05:59 pm:   Edit Post Delete Post View Post/Check IP Print Post    Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only) Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only)

Joe is close by. He will read this and reply. Good luck with painting though.

Jaycey (Jaycey)
Username: Jaycey

Post Number: 1
Posted on Monday, July 14, 2014 - 12:47 am:   Edit Post Delete Post View Post/Check IP Print Post    Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only) Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only)

A roofing contractor just put up 7 squares of salvaged 12x20 green slate, after repairing the box gutters and flashing on my roof. Once it was up there, it was clear that the color he put up was totally different from the previous slates. I pulled down slates from two other locations on the roof, and found that some sections were unpainted dark grey slate, and some sections were dark grey slate painted with something that makes them appear lighter (closer to the green color the new guy put up, in fact). So now I have a roof that is visibly three different colors and it looks like crap. I don't have the budget to get the whole roof re-slated. What's the best way to handle this? Do I get the new guy to paint his green slates grey? What paint would that be? Is there somebody in Pittsburgh who could come give me a consult? Thanks.

Add Your Message Here
This is a private posting area. Only registered users and moderators may post messages here.
Password:
Options: Enable HTML code in message
Automatically activate URLs in message
Action:

Topics | Last Day | Last Week | Tree View | Search | User List | Help/Instructions | Program Credits Administration