Advice needed! Old slates Log Out | Topics | Search
Moderators | Register | Edit Profile

Slate Roof Central Message Board » Slate Roofs » Advice needed! Old slates « Previous Next »

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message

Cats (Cats)
Username: Cats

Post Number: 2
Posted on Wednesday, October 30, 2013 - 07:14 am:   Edit Post Delete Post View Post/Check IP Print Post    Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only) Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only)

thank you!

Old_school (Old_school)
Username: Old_school

Post Number: 1027
Posted on Tuesday, October 29, 2013 - 08:05 pm:   Edit Post Delete Post View Post/Check IP Print Post    Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only) Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only)

The "only" difference would be that the reverse side would have the straight edge instead of the chamfered (sp)edge. You could just re-cut them and they would be just fine. I am sure that the Welsh slates would be just fine.

Cats (Cats)
Username: Cats

Post Number: 1
Posted on Tuesday, October 29, 2013 - 12:39 pm:   Edit Post Delete Post View Post/Check IP Print Post    Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only) Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only)

I am re-roofing an outhouse and have a large quantity of old victorian welsh slate I would like to use. However the original roof was once painted white so each visible half of slate is painted. Would it be okay to turn the slates over and use the back as the front? they have loads of character and dont want to waste them! thanks

Add Your Message Here
This is a private posting area. Only registered users and moderators may post messages here.
Password:
Options: Enable HTML code in message
Automatically activate URLs in message
Action:

Topics | Last Day | Last Week | Tree View | Search | User List | Help/Instructions | Program Credits Administration