Sharing Log Out | Topics | Search
Moderators | Register | Edit Profile

Slate Roof Central Message Board » Slate Roofs » Sharing « Previous Next »

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message

Old_school (Old_school)
Username: Old_school

Post Number: 1022
Posted on Sunday, October 13, 2013 - 08:10 pm:   Edit Post Delete Post View Post/Check IP Print Post    Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only) Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only)

Stu, Not yet, The guy is building the big house and I am just working on consulting with the slate. I will be talking with him in a week or so though and I will ask for that information then. I know that he personally went to China and is very comfortable with the lady at the company though, so it will be a "solid" contact for you. Please be patient. John

Lazeyjack (Lazeyjack)
Username: Lazeyjack

Post Number: 87
Posted on Sunday, October 13, 2013 - 03:30 pm:   Edit Post Delete Post View Post/Check IP Print Post    Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only) Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only)

John, did you find that Company detail?
best rgds
Stuart

Lazeyjack (Lazeyjack)

Post Number: 85
Posted on Tuesday, October 08, 2013 - 08:09 pm:   Edit Post Delete Post View Post/Check IP Print Post    Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only) Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only)

Thanks Old Sch, send the contact
yes too much work for me, I'm getting old and I cant be bothered teaching someone how to shape that deck with those waves in it
I have some quotes out of india 16 inch x 8x8 granite 4 dollars
best rgds
Stuart

Old_school (Old_school)
Username: Old_school

Post Number: 1020
Posted on Sunday, October 06, 2013 - 07:34 am:   Edit Post Delete Post View Post/Check IP Print Post    Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only) Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only)

Stuart, I am working on a big slate project right now and the guy went to China and ordered his slate and granite. The slate came in VERY hard and brittle and the wrong thickness. We ended up ordering more from Vermont. the granite on the other hand was nice! 100 tons worth and all carved and shaped. Very good! I could get you his contacts name if that would help. Very inexpensive too.

As far as the valleys go, they are a lot more work, but it would look sweet if you did it with curved valleys. Lots of radius's and curves on that one.

Lazeyjack (Lazeyjack)

Post Number: 84
Posted on Saturday, October 05, 2013 - 11:05 pm:   Edit Post Delete Post View Post/Check IP Print Post    Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only) Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only)

Liam
I thought abt this, would mean quite a soft shoulder each side of the valleys, quite a big WAVE form really. with tapering valley towards the ridge
Lots of deck work I,ll have to think about it all
best rgds
Stuart

Lazeyjack (Lazeyjack)

Post Number: 83
Posted on Saturday, October 05, 2013 - 06:56 pm:   Edit Post Delete Post View Post/Check IP Print Post    Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only) Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only)

thanks so MUCH Slate Man
Round valleys coming up , wotch this space:)
best rgds
Stuart

Slate_man (Slate_man)
Username: Slate_man

Post Number: 775
Posted on Saturday, October 05, 2013 - 05:20 pm:   Edit Post Delete Post View Post/Check IP Print Post    Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only) Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only)

Stuart the roof looks great and the pitch too. it would be great to see the valleys rounded that would make the whole roof flow nicely.

As far as the granite and if you want a China source contact-
Westone Natural Slate Co.,Ltd., (Wang Cheng) Headquarters: 5B, Palmary Plaza, Tangyan Road, Hi-Tech Zone, Xian, Shaanxi, 710075, China, Phone: +86-29-88193888; Cell: +86-1389-2888958; Fax: +86-29-88193889
They are AFFILIATE MEMBERS of the SRCA and I would think would be able to help or look around in Vermont or New Hampshire we have it too!

Lazeyjack (Lazeyjack)

Post Number: 82
Posted on Friday, October 04, 2013 - 08:59 pm:   Edit Post Delete Post View Post/Check IP Print Post    Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only) Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only)

here is the house do you think the roof pitch is ok, or steepen it up?granite and slate
best rgds
Stuart

Lazeyjack (Lazeyjack)

Post Number: 80
Posted on Friday, October 04, 2013 - 06:51 pm:   Edit Post Delete Post View Post/Check IP Print Post    Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only) Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only)

I have always been really impressed by the amount we share here
Totally unselfishly, we compare ideas, assist, point each other to materials, locations and all
Same as in my old trade yacht building
If I wanted a source of a window, everyone would help
So I was shocked, more than shocked when I asked this guy in Scotland , a builder, where he sourced his granite, in China. He refused, talk about dog in the manger. I am no threat to him, live in a different land and want to build one house
I am designing with the hope to build, a slate roof granite house
Poor him, greedy
best rgds
Stuart

Add Your Message Here
This is a private posting area. Only registered users and moderators may post messages here.
Password:
Options: Enable HTML code in message
Automatically activate URLs in message
Action:

Topics | Last Day | Last Week | Tree View | Search | User List | Help/Instructions | Program Credits Administration