Salvage Value? Log Out | Topics | Search
Moderators | Register | Edit Profile

Slate Roof Central Message Board » Slate Roofs » Salvage Value? « Previous Next »

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message

Edward Lumpkin
Posted on Tuesday, June 06, 2006 - 02:34 pm:   Edit Post Delete Post View Post/Check IP Print Post    Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only) Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only)

We are completing an addition on our house, and in the process a fair amount of Buckingham slate was removed from the existing roof (not enough to use on the addition, unfortunately). We plan to talk to some local (Richmond, VA) salvage/antique folks about buying the slate. To my untrained eye, the squares that were removed (14"x8", I believe) look to be in good shape. Can anyone give me an idea of how much we should expect to be able to sell the slate for?
Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message

Joe Jenkins (Admin)
Posted on Friday, June 09, 2006 - 10:32 am:   Edit Post Delete Post View Post/Check IP Print Post    Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only) Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only)

It depend on whether you're selling the slates to an end user or to a wholesaler.

Add Your Message Here
This is a private posting area. Only registered users and moderators may post messages here.
Password:
Options: Enable HTML code in message
Automatically activate URLs in message
Action:

Topics | Last Day | Last Week | Tree View | Search | User List | Help/Instructions | Program Credits Administration