Looking for blue slate Log Out | Topics | Search
Moderators | Register | Edit Profile

Slate Roof Central Message Board » Slate Roofs » Looking for blue slate « Previous Next »

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message

Joe S
Posted on Friday, January 25, 2002 - 08:33 pm:   Edit Post Delete Post View Post/Check IP Print Post    Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only) Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only)

Please help
Trying to find blue slate does it exist.

R A Prescott
Posted on Sunday, March 17, 2002 - 03:56 am:   Edit Post Delete Post View Post/Check IP Print Post    Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only) Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only)

hi if you would like to get in touch with me maybe I could help you with finding your blue slate please get in touch with me and take it from there. prsctt@aol.com

synergie
Posted on Tuesday, May 07, 2002 - 01:57 pm:   Edit Post Delete Post View Post/Check IP Print Post    Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only) Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only)

You can get blue slate from UK.

Joe Jenkins
Posted on Thursday, May 09, 2002 - 11:28 am:   Edit Post Delete Post View Post/Check IP Print Post    Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only) Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only)

There was a black slate from PA that used to be called "True Blue." It was sold by the True Blue Slate Company, circa 1870. No longer in business.

Buckingham, Virginia slate company describes their slate as "blue-black." It's available today.

Other than that, existing "blue" slates are, or were, quarried in the UK. These may be closer to what you may think of when you think of blue (a shade of purple, actually). Some Welsh slates were referred to as variations of blue ("old quarry blue" etc. - page 54, Slate Roof Bible), as well as blue-black (Ffestiniog area). I don't know if all of these are still commercially available. I doubt it, but some are.

Anonymous
Posted on Monday, August 05, 2002 - 11:20 pm:   Edit Post Delete Post View Post/Check IP Print Post    Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only) Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only)

I have seen a sample of a blue-green slate from Newfoundland, kind of a robin's egg color. The sample was from New England Slate.

slateguy@neslate.com
Posted on Tuesday, August 06, 2002 - 05:17 pm:   Edit Post Delete Post View Post/Check IP Print Post    Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only) Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only)

Anonymous is correct. There is a shade of "Unfading Green" from the deposits in Trinity Bay, Newfoundland that is the closest shade to Blue (not Purple) that I've ever seen.

Robins Egg Blue is not far off.

The guys in the office will send you a sample at no charge...

david griffin
Posted on Wednesday, February 18, 2004 - 01:32 pm:   Edit Post Delete Post View Post/Check IP Print Post    Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only) Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only)

I have an 1897 Queen Ann home with the original architectuals and bid sheet that list the slate as vermont blue slate

admin
Posted on Wednesday, February 18, 2004 - 11:32 pm:   Edit Post Delete Post View Post/Check IP Print Post    Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only) Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only)

That's new to me.

Joe Jenkins

Add Your Message Here
This is a private posting area. Only registered users and moderators may post messages here.
Password:
Options: Enable HTML code in message
Automatically activate URLs in message
Action:

Topics | Last Day | Last Week | Tree View | Search | User List | Help/Instructions | Program Credits Administration