Peach bottom Log Out | Topics | Search
Moderators | Register | Edit Profile

Slate Roof Central Message Board » Slate Roofs » Peach bottom « Previous Next »

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message

Old_school (Old_school)
Username: Old_school

Post Number: 1058
Posted on Thursday, May 08, 2014 - 09:41 pm:   Edit Post Delete Post View Post/Check IP Print Post    Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only) Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only)

So Joe, how is your Polish?

Blue_sky_roofing (Blue_sky_roofing)
Username: Blue_sky_roofing

Post Number: 68
Posted on Monday, May 05, 2014 - 09:05 pm:   Edit Post Delete Post View Post/Check IP Print Post    Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only) Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only)

Thanks Joe!
I don't have any experience with Peach Bottoms / 'Bucks'; all I have in this neck of the woods is Vermont Seagreen and the dreaded PA ribbon.

Joe (Joe)
Username: Joe

Post Number: 823

Posted on Monday, May 05, 2014 - 09:28 am:   Edit Post Delete Post View Post/Check IP Print Post    Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only) Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only)

Blue Sky - I got home from Poland late last night, stopped by the office to check things out and saw the slates in a bag outside the door. I had no idea where they came from and haven't looked closely at them yet, but will today.

Post Number: 67
Posted on Saturday, May 03, 2014 - 11:02 pm:   Edit Post Delete Post View Post/Check IP Print Post    Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only) Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only)

bumping this thread.
Joe, I dropped off one of these 8x16 slate to verify. I know when you cut it with a slate cutter; it has a very unique sound to it. The shavings also are unique and when rubbed between the fingers is like fine graphite.

Also a 10x20 as to its make also. It has silica in it also, but the backside is starting to flake. This slate came from off a house roof in Beaver Falls, PA near the river. It probably has seen a lot of industry/pollution down through the years.

PS. When you going to have that road paved :)

Joe (Joe)
Username: Joe

Post Number: 743
Posted on Saturday, November 10, 2012 - 10:19 am:   Edit Post Delete Post View Post/Check IP Print Post    Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only) Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only)

Yes it does.

Post Number: 53
Posted on Wednesday, November 07, 2012 - 11:29 pm:   Edit Post Delete Post View Post/Check IP Print Post    Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only) Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only)

Does Peach Bottom slate have any silica in it. I got 20+ sq. of 8x16 and you can only see it sparkle on the back side of slate and only in the sunlight at the right angle (not an over abundance of it). I can also see some in a broken edge.
I really can't see any on the front (face nor head lap). The face has a green hue to it.
I'll see if I can post a pic sometime.

Add Your Message Here
This is a private posting area. Only registered users and moderators may post messages here.
Password:
Options: Enable HTML code in message
Automatically activate URLs in message
Action:

Topics | Last Day | Last Week | Tree View | Search | User List | Help/Instructions | Program Credits Administration