Confused about slate Log Out | Topics | Search
Moderators | Register | Edit Profile

Slate Roof Central Message Board » Slate Roofs » Confused about slate « Previous Next »

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message

Lucass35 (Lucass35)
Username: Lucass35

Post Number: 3
Posted on Tuesday, October 02, 2012 - 12:29 pm:   Edit Post Delete Post View Post/Check IP Print Post    Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only) Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only)

North Country Black is an Unfading Black slate that is manufactured in Canada. I am guessing it was purchased through a distributor in Vermont. Which is common. It can be hard at times to match existing slate depending on what the original slate is. Can you post a picture?
Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message

Connor (Connor)
Username: Connor

Post Number: 1
Posted on Tuesday, October 02, 2012 - 11:19 am:   Edit Post Delete Post View Post/Check IP Print Post    Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only) Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only)

I'm a homeowner and recently contracted for a new slate roof to match existing slate. The slate arrived and it doesn't match. Our current slate is definitely black/very dark gray. Our contractor said he ordered North Country Black unfading from Vermont, but the pallets said Canada...I don't understand? Then he said our current slate is from China and he can't get it anymore. We had an addition added 10 years ago and they were able to match the slate then but not now. I have to say the new addition slate does seem to crack more than the very original slate. Help...I just want good quality slate that is dark gray and not blue. Is that possible.

Add Your Message Here
This is a private posting area. Only registered users and moderators may post messages here.
Password:
Options: Enable HTML code in message
Automatically activate URLs in message
Action:

Topics | Last Day | Last Week | Tree View | Search | User List | Help/Instructions | Program Credits Administration