Finding Slate Roofing Materials? Log Out | Topics | Search
Moderators | Register | Edit Profile

Slate Roof Central Message Board » Slate Roofs » Finding Slate Roofing Materials? « Previous Next »

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message

Shellbport
Posted on Thursday, January 03, 2002 - 03:36 pm:   Edit Post Delete Post View Post/Check IP Print Post    Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only) Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only)

I am in Connecticut and just purchased a home with a slate roof. After finding contractors more than willing to quote me high prices to do the repairs, and even after agreeing to hire one I could not get him to show up and do the repairs to replace/repair the slate. I am trying to find a vendor for purchasing slate, and also copper flashing, ridge caps, and gutter materials and I am going to tackle the job myself. Any information would be appreciated. Thanks
Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message

admin
Posted on Thursday, January 03, 2002 - 05:01 pm:   Edit Post Delete Post View Post/Check IP Print Post    Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only) Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only)

Sources of both new and used slates are listed on this site (go to home page and look at the drop down lists). Copper gutters and other materials should be available from any local roofing supplier. The Slate Roof Bible also lists sources of these materials, both in the quick reference section in the front and in the supplemental industry resource section in the back.

Add Your Message Here
This is a private posting area. Only registered users and moderators may post messages here.
Password:
Options: Enable HTML code in message
Automatically activate URLs in message
Action:

Topics | Last Day | Last Week | Tree View | Search | User List | Help/Instructions | Program Credits Administration