Question on slate roofs and asbestos Log Out | Topics | Search
Moderators | Register | Edit Profile

Slate Roof Central Message Board » Slate Roofs » Question on slate roofs and asbestos « Previous Next »

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message

Betty
Posted on Monday, March 20, 2006 - 11:30 am:   Edit Post Delete Post View Post/Check IP Print Post    Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only) Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only)

Recently a neighbor's home was damaged from the tornado. They have an old slate roof. Someone mentioned they might contain asbestos. I was wanting to save some of the tiles to make something for their new home. Is it true that the old slate may contain asbestos? Thank you.

Anonymous
Posted on Monday, March 20, 2006 - 01:17 pm:   Edit Post Delete Post View Post/Check IP Print Post    Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only) Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only)

NO, slate is a natural material not containing asbestos. However I would make sure they are not asbestos tiles that someone is calling slate.

Betty
Posted on Wednesday, March 22, 2006 - 10:19 am:   Edit Post Delete Post View Post/Check IP Print Post    Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only) Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only)

How can I find out if they are asbestos tiles vs. slate?

Anonymous
Posted on Wednesday, March 22, 2006 - 02:04 pm:   Edit Post Delete Post View Post/Check IP Print Post    Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only) Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only)

Take a good digital photo of one of the tiles, up close. Post it on this web site and someone will identify it for you. Regards!

Add Your Message Here
This is a private posting area. Only registered users and moderators may post messages here.
Password:
Options: Enable HTML code in message
Automatically activate URLs in message
Action:

Topics | Last Day | Last Week | Tree View | Search | User List | Help/Instructions | Program Credits Administration