American slate company Log Out | Topics | Search
Moderators | Register | Edit Profile

Slate Roof Central Message Board » Slate Roofs » American slate company « Previous Next »

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message

Lazeyjack (Lazeyjack)
Username: Lazeyjack

Post Number: 62
Posted on Monday, July 23, 2012 - 03:39 pm:   Edit Post Delete Post View Post/Check IP Print Post    Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only) Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only)

all you can do is put it down to experience Brendon
have some big sand stone blocks out my place some of them up to 1 ton
4 12 years they were okay
then the sun blew them to pieces
best rgds
Stuart

Joe (Joe)
Username: Joe

Post Number: 695
Posted on Monday, July 23, 2012 - 02:51 pm:   Edit Post Delete Post View Post/Check IP Print Post    Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only) Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only)

I have seen many examples of China multi-color falling apart within years of installation.

Branden_wilson (Branden_wilson)
Username: Branden_wilson

Post Number: 127
Posted on Monday, July 23, 2012 - 10:41 am:   Edit Post Delete Post View Post/Check IP Print Post    Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only) Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only)

several years ago i ran into a few homeowners who had purchaced slate from american slate company and wanted me to install it. i was sceptical about the quality of the slate right away. some were chalky, others were rusty, they didn't ring well and the quality control was so bad that i had to throw away 15 to 25 percent on average depending on the type of slate. however i was dying to break into the slate trade and i foolishly reasoned that what they lacked in quality, they somewhat made up for in increased thickness. and they had a 75yr warranty rather than the domestics 100yr. i installed some beautiful roofs. even three and four years later they were still beautiful and even no shedding! but now that it's been five, six, even seven years they are starting to, in my opinion, look terrible. the copper grey is rusting everywhere, the china multi-color is turning black and getting brittle and even the midnight black has some rusting. anyway, i know i didn't sell them the slate but i'm still embarrassed to say the least. this and more is why i don't install unproven products anymore. can anyone else relate?

REAL SLATER

Add Your Message Here
This is a private posting area. Only registered users and moderators may post messages here.
Password:
Options: Enable HTML code in message
Automatically activate URLs in message
Action:

Topics | Last Day | Last Week | Tree View | Search | User List | Help/Instructions | Program Credits Administration