Help on round layout Log Out | Topics | Search
Moderators | Register | Edit Profile

Slate Roof Central Message Board » Slate Roofs » Help on round layout « Previous Next »

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message

Lazeyjack (Lazeyjack)
Intermediate Member
Username: Lazeyjack

Post Number: 33
Posted on Saturday, May 05, 2012 - 07:55 am:   Edit Post Delete Post View Post/Check IP Print Post    Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only) Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only)

dunno, I have done the cap and capped the cap the result is not so professional . But you know, to rest your eyes on a slate roof is, well restful
Not in the league of most of you, but learning fastroof  is done
best rgds
Stuart

Scottishslater (Scottishslater)
Intermediate Member
Username: Scottishslater

Post Number: 40
Posted on Saturday, May 05, 2012 - 02:20 am:   Edit Post Delete Post View Post/Check IP Print Post    Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only) Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only)

like just on the jumper course u did

Scottishslater (Scottishslater)
Intermediate Member
Username: Scottishslater

Post Number: 39
Posted on Saturday, May 05, 2012 - 02:19 am:   Edit Post Delete Post View Post/Check IP Print Post    Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only) Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only)

bigger lead cap maybe stuart

Lazeyjack (Lazeyjack)
Intermediate Member
Username: Lazeyjack

Post Number: 32
Posted on Friday, May 04, 2012 - 05:35 pm:   Edit Post Delete Post View Post/Check IP Print Post    Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only) Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only)

Originally I just divided the large circumference and made the pie shape to the Apex and as you read it all became too narrow
Chris saved that day by suggesting the jumper coarse. But because the lower coarses were on it did not work out as EVENS so the last square yard at the top is a mess
No problems , next time will plan it all, but how is my question
I divided the bottom by 48 and then 4 feet up by 24
This works IF the slates fit snug tight against each other, which in practice can never be?
So if I use 44 and 22 then the gap is huge, what would you all do?
the red is the jumper the blue are the three last in the lower coarses
to the left is how it was
the shape you see is a cone flattened,
best rgds
Stuart

Add Your Message Here
This is a private posting area. Only registered users and moderators may post messages here.
Password:
Options: Enable HTML code in message
Automatically activate URLs in message
Action:

Topics | Last Day | Last Week | Tree View | Search | User List | Help/Instructions | Program Credits Administration