Odd German roof Ladder Log Out | Topics | Search
Moderators | Register | Edit Profile

Slate Roof Central Message Board » Slate Roofs » Odd German roof Ladder « Previous Next »

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message

Anonymous
Posted on Sunday, December 11, 2005 - 08:15 pm:   Edit Post Delete Post View Post/Check IP Print Post    Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only) Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only)

I was just browsing though a German roofing website when I came across this picture. Just out of curiosity, have you ever seen a roof ladder setup like this? I take it the fence at the bottom is a safety feature, and the roofer is set up with ladders on the opposite side of the roof. I don't see any hooks to hold the ladder on there.

http://www.dachdecker-muehle.de/referenzen.php?gruppe=26&artikel=88#0

admin
Posted on Monday, December 12, 2005 - 12:10 am:   Edit Post Delete Post View Post/Check IP Print Post    Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only) Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only)

The fence could be an existing snow fence and the ladder a typical ladder set against the snow fence. Just a guess.

robin
Posted on Monday, December 12, 2005 - 07:50 am:   Edit Post Delete Post View Post/Check IP Print Post    Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only) Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only)

nah, I have ladders like that.. we supply hooks in the 3th or 4th row of slates where we can put a wooden beam in. On that we put as many of this kind ladders as we want.; These ladders have a security mark.. the bottom part is made of a special kind of wood which doesn't harm slates and the steps are aluminium anti-slip. some parts of germany they indeed use the snowfences, compare it with your snowguards in the us, but even more efficient.. (only the view is strange.. )
reason u can't see the hooks on the bottom rows is the quality of the picture, no more than that) ;;,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,:

robin
Posted on Monday, December 12, 2005 - 07:50 am:   Edit Post Delete Post View Post/Check IP Print Post    Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only) Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only)

snow fence isn't made to hold ladders btw...

Add Your Message Here
This is a private posting area. Only registered users and moderators may post messages here.
Password:
Options: Enable HTML code in message
Automatically activate URLs in message
Action:

Topics | Last Day | Last Week | Tree View | Search | User List | Help/Instructions | Program Credits Administration