Slate ID please (photo included) Log Out | Topics | Search
Moderators | Register | Edit Profile

Slate Roof Central Message Board » Slate Roofs » Slate ID please (photo included) « Previous Next »

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message

Slate Admirer
Posted on Monday, October 31, 2005 - 04:21 am:   Edit Post Delete Post View Post/Check IP Print Post    Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only) Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only)

Can the type of slate be determined from this photo?

http://set-in-led.0catch.com/images/slateroof.jpg

Thanks!

Anonymous
Posted on Monday, October 31, 2005 - 05:38 am:   Edit Post Delete Post View Post/Check IP Print Post    Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only) Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only)

Kind of tough to tell looks like some staining from trees but I would say it's a mixture of Vermont slates. Looks to be some unfading green with some semi-weathering green, some grey and looks to also have some purple. Can't really tell if the purple is motteled.

Joe Jenkins (Admin)
Posted on Wednesday, November 02, 2005 - 02:53 pm:   Edit Post Delete Post View Post/Check IP Print Post    Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only) Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only)

The photo should be in a higher resolution.

Slate Admirer
Posted on Wednesday, November 02, 2005 - 06:36 pm:   Edit Post Delete Post View Post/Check IP Print Post    Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only) Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only)

It's a 5meg pixel photo taken at 2500x1400 or something like that - I cut out the house portion of the photo leaving just the roof - it's now 1400x400. Did you "enlarge it to normal size" once you clicked on it? It'll compress to your screen size unless you click on the resize button in the lower right corner of the photo. LMK if that's the problem. I know it's not the greatest photo but it's hard as heck to get a good shot of the roof with the limitations of the front yard (the road out front is a busy one and it's not worth getting run over by a car to get a good photo. :)

admin
Posted on Friday, November 04, 2005 - 10:41 am:   Edit Post Delete Post View Post/Check IP Print Post    Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only) Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only)

It looks like a mix of VT purple and green, but it's hard to say for sure because the photo is not clear enough.

Anonymous
Posted on Friday, November 04, 2005 - 01:12 pm:   Edit Post Delete Post View Post/Check IP Print Post    Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only) Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only)

Yes, I believe your correct as I was on the earlier listing. But, I still think there is some greys to that.

Slate Admirer
Posted on Friday, November 04, 2005 - 05:10 pm:   Edit Post Delete Post View Post/Check IP Print Post    Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only) Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only)

Thanks - I will try and get a clearer photo when I can. Thx again.

Add Your Message Here
This is a private posting area. Only registered users and moderators may post messages here.
Password:
Options: Enable HTML code in message
Automatically activate URLs in message
Action:

Topics | Last Day | Last Week | Tree View | Search | User List | Help/Instructions | Program Credits Administration