Installation of slates around a penet... Log Out | Topics | Search
Moderators | Register | Edit Profile

Slate Roof Central Message Board » Slate Roofs » Installation of slates around a penetration to be added later « Previous Next »

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message

Old_school (Old_school)
Username: Old_school

Post Number: 568
Posted on Wednesday, December 29, 2010 - 10:13 pm:   Edit Post Delete Post View Post/Check IP Print Post    Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only) Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only)

That looks to be what Liam did with his moose. He is an artist, that is for sure.
Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message

Bud (Bud)
Advanced Member
Username: Bud

Post Number: 44
Posted on Wednesday, December 29, 2010 - 10:56 am:   Edit Post Delete Post View Post/Check IP Print Post    Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only) Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only)

Sorry for the long title, I have waited a while to post this as I have pondered how it would make sense to handle this. Now that I have kicked it around my head awhile, I am putting it out there to see what others do.

Scenario would be as such, maybe we are working up a roof where there will be a Moose built into the roof (crazy I know but thought it would be fun). We work the roof over to the point where the moose is to be constructed, we install the moose and now we need to work the field into the moose or would it be the moose into the field.

In the shingle world we can bend things and lift them to nail under them, slate...not so much. I suspect the answer to be slate hook/nail&bib and/or installing a second nail at the upper corner of the slate above the normal fastening area.

So did I get it or what did I miss?

Add Your Message Here
This is a private posting area. Only registered users and moderators may post messages here.
Password:
Options: Enable HTML code in message
Automatically activate URLs in message
Action:

Topics | Last Day | Last Week | Tree View | Search | User List | Help/Instructions | Program Credits Administration