Hip accent cap on Widows Watch Log Out | Topics | Search
Moderators | Register | Edit Profile

Slate Roof Central Message Board » Slate Roofs » Hip accent cap on Widows Watch « Previous Next »

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message

Bud (Bud)
Intermediate Member
Username: Bud

Post Number: 38
Posted on Tuesday, December 07, 2010 - 07:02 pm:   Edit Post Delete Post View Post/Check IP Print Post    Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only) Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only)

Thanks to all!

I am so excited about this because it is so important to the customer...now I just need to put together a sweet proposal and sell the job.

Epl (Epl)
Username: Epl

Post Number: 99
Posted on Tuesday, December 07, 2010 - 12:54 pm:   Edit Post Delete Post View Post/Check IP Print Post    Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only) Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only)

John,
Some times, re-inventing the wheel is the only alternative some folks have (perhaps not in this case). It's nice to know that there are companies out there that can offer products to those who might be in need. If this is a WF Norman hip, they can be located here: http://wfnorman.com/

Thank you,
Eric P. Loema

Sales | Salvage | Procurement

P (800) 699-5695 | F (815) 547-1425

Web: www.TileandSlateSales.com | www.ClayTileRoof.com

E-mail: epl@TileandSlateSales.com | epl@ClayTileRoof.com

Chris (Chris)
Username: Chris

Post Number: 64
Posted on Tuesday, December 07, 2010 - 10:10 am:   Edit Post Delete Post View Post/Check IP Print Post    Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only) Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only)

old school knows his stuff!

Old_school (Old_school)
Username: Old_school

Post Number: 555
Posted on Tuesday, December 07, 2010 - 09:25 am:   Edit Post Delete Post View Post/Check IP Print Post    Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only) Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only)

Bud, the people that made them are still in business I am sure. It is the W.F. Norman company, and I think they are in St. Louis.

They made stuff like that and stamped ceiling panels and such. They still have all of the original molds down there and most of their work is doing just what you need. Look it up and if you can't find them write to me and I will see what I can find for you. No sense in re-inventing the wheel!

Epl (Epl)
Username: Epl

Post Number: 98
Posted on Tuesday, December 07, 2010 - 09:05 am:   Edit Post Delete Post View Post/Check IP Print Post    Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only) Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only)

Bud,
With a sample of a hip piece, we can stamp this for you here.

Please contact me if you might be interested.

Thank you,
Eric P. Loema

Sales | Salvage | Procurement

P (800) 699-5695 | F (815) 547-1425

Web: www.TileandSlateSales.com | www.ClayTileRoof.com

E-mail: epl@TileandSlateSales.com | epl@ClayTileRoof.com

Bud (Bud)
Intermediate Member

Post Number: 37
Posted on Tuesday, December 07, 2010 - 08:46 am:   Edit Post Delete Post View Post/Check IP Print Post    Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only) Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only)

It's metal, appears to be a stamped product, very thin metal.

I would like to do the hips in copper which would highlight the roof and be completed with a copper finial.

Old_school (Old_school)
Username: Old_school

Post Number: 554
Posted on Monday, December 06, 2010 - 05:28 pm:   Edit Post Delete Post View Post/Check IP Print Post    Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only) Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only)

Bud, is that metal or Terra Cotta?

Walter_musson (Walter_musson)
Username: Walter_musson

Post Number: 183
Posted on Monday, December 06, 2010 - 04:41 pm:   Edit Post Delete Post View Post/Check IP Print Post    Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only) Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only)

Should be easy to fabricate from 16 oz . copper

Bud (Bud)
Intermediate Member

Post Number: 36
Posted on Monday, December 06, 2010 - 03:18 pm:   Edit Post Delete Post View Post/Check IP Print Post    Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only) Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only)

Looking for a match to the cap used on the hips of this roof. Trying to keep the last part of a one beautiful slate roof, slate.

Sadly I suspect the slate was ruined when someone in their infinite wisdom painted the original slate roof rather than not doing something which would make them a quick $.

No matter, the main roof is shingles now. I am hoping that I can match the hip cap that is on the tower roof now, this is very important to the homeowner. Other than that she is open to any offerings for the actual roofing.

Each piece of the cap measures 11 inches long with approx. 9 inches of exposure. 8 sides to the turret and each hip is 15 feet.

turret roof

Thanks for your help.

Add Your Message Here
This is a private posting area. Only registered users and moderators may post messages here.
Password:
Options: Enable HTML code in message
Automatically activate URLs in message
Action:

Topics | Last Day | Last Week | Tree View | Search | User List | Help/Instructions | Program Credits Administration