New to me home, slate? Log Out | Topics | Search
Moderators | Register | Edit Profile

Slate Roof Central Message Board » Slate Roofs » New to me home, slate? « Previous Next »

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message

Old_school (Old_school)
Username: Old_school

Post Number: 530
Posted on Monday, October 18, 2010 - 08:29 pm:   Edit Post Delete Post View Post/Check IP Print Post    Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only) Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only)

That makes sense, as they are only about an hour away!

John_chan (John_chan)
Username: John_chan

Post Number: 72
Posted on Monday, October 18, 2010 - 08:39 am:   Edit Post Delete Post View Post/Check IP Print Post    Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only) Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only)

Hi Jay,

If you call Geoff Mitchell in our Columbus office at 800-666-7445, he can arrange for one of our inspectors to come out and look at the roof for a nominal fee. We've done lots of work in the Dayton area, and you can visit our website at www.durableslate.com.

John

Ludehawk (Ludehawk)
Username: Ludehawk

Post Number: 2
Posted on Sunday, October 17, 2010 - 10:36 pm:   Edit Post Delete Post View Post/Check IP Print Post    Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only) Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only)

The pictures showed up in a line. Please scroll to the right.

I appreciate any advice, thanks!

Ludehawk (Ludehawk)
Username: Ludehawk

Post Number: 1
Posted on Sunday, October 17, 2010 - 10:35 pm:   Edit Post Delete Post View Post/Check IP Print Post    Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only) Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only)

Looking at purchasing the below home. Home was built in 1852, I have also included a picture of the attic incase anyone can give advice.
I would like to keep the roof.
Per the owner, the roof leaks after a large rain storm. He says the gutters back up.
I've been trying to find a local contractor that can inspect/estimate repairs before purchase. I haven't found anyone yet... home is southwest of Dayton Ohio. One contractor I showed pictures to said to rip it off and replace with dimensional shingles. I would like to avoid this.
The copper flashing along the ridge doesn't look the best either.
Any help would be appreciated, i'm not looking to spend 10k on a new roof after I buy it.

These are the best pictures I have right now, I plan to look at the home again tomorrow. I would like to have a contractor look at it with me!

Add Your Message Here
This is a private posting area. Only registered users and moderators may post messages here.
Password:
Options: Enable HTML code in message
Automatically activate URLs in message
Action:

Topics | Last Day | Last Week | Tree View | Search | User List | Help/Instructions | Program Credits Administration