New to slate roofing Log Out | Topics | Search
Moderators | Register | Edit Profile

Slate Roof Central Message Board » Slate Roofs » New to slate roofing « Previous Next »

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message

Louandsue (Louandsue)
Username: Louandsue

Post Number: 2
Posted on Saturday, October 02, 2010 - 09:33 am:   Edit Post Delete Post View Post/Check IP Print Post    Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only) Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only)

The house is located in Montana. thanks for the book link, we will get the book first and then post here when we have more questions!

Joe (Joe)
Username: Joe

Post Number: 571
Posted on Monday, September 20, 2010 - 09:58 pm:   Edit Post Delete Post View Post/Check IP Print Post    Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only) Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only)

Here's the link to the book: http://josephjenkins.com/store/slate-roof-bible-2nd-edition.html?&cat=291

Bud (Bud)
Username: Bud

Post Number: 11
Posted on Saturday, September 18, 2010 - 06:33 pm:   Edit Post Delete Post View Post/Check IP Print Post    Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only) Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only)

Don't take another step until you get Joe's book! It will save you alot of pain. You will either educate yourself enough to do it yourself or enough to realize that you need a pro.

Old_school (Old_school)
Username: Old_school

Post Number: 513
Posted on Friday, September 17, 2010 - 11:05 pm:   Edit Post Delete Post View Post/Check IP Print Post    Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only) Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only)

Where are you located? Are you going to do it yourself? If so, do you have any equipment for materials handling? How about some scaffolding and plank. Lots of different things to consider.

With that said, there have been a lot of people on this site that did their own slate roofs. If you have a camera and questions, you can ask us and we will more than happy to answer them and help you through the difficult parts. Joe's book would be a great place to start you education.

It is fun!

Louandsue (Louandsue)
Username: Louandsue

Post Number: 1
Posted on Friday, September 17, 2010 - 07:15 pm:   Edit Post Delete Post View Post/Check IP Print Post    Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only) Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only)

We would like to install slate roof on our log house that we are building. Can you tell me where to begin? i need a reliable source to help me from beginning to end. Such as what type of underlayment do i need? currently I have a water ice shield. And need to know how to choose the types of slate? thanks for any help advicse to point me in the right direction, as i want this roof to be done right.

Add Your Message Here
This is a private posting area. Only registered users and moderators may post messages here.
Password:
Options: Enable HTML code in message
Automatically activate URLs in message
Action:

Topics | Last Day | Last Week | Tree View | Search | User List | Help/Instructions | Program Credits Administration