Sweeping Copper Standing Seam Log Out | Topics | Search
Moderators | Register | Edit Profile

Slate Roof Central Message Board » Slate Roofs » Sweeping Copper Standing Seam « Previous Next »

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message

Old_school (Old_school)
Username: Old_school

Post Number: 490
Posted on Sunday, August 08, 2010 - 01:41 pm:   Edit Post Delete Post View Post/Check IP Print Post    Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only) Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only)

Bud, Call Ken at Old World distributors @ 269-372-3916. If you take it off and make exact templates out of tar paper of each of the sides, and also give him cross measurements from point to point, he can make it up for you and send it out to you.

I am sure that someone over there could do it too, but I have worked with Ken for years and they are very good. Good luck!

The advantage of doing it this way is that you get to see how they did it when you take it apart, so putting it back together is not so daunting; if you haven't done it before.

Slate_man (Slate_man)
Username: Slate_man

Post Number: 628
Posted on Saturday, August 07, 2010 - 06:11 pm:   Edit Post Delete Post View Post/Check IP Print Post    Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only) Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only)

Sorry don't think it will be worth your money for me to come down. E-mail direct if want a estimate.

Bud (Bud)
Username: Bud

Post Number: 9
Posted on Saturday, August 07, 2010 - 09:01 am:   Edit Post Delete Post View Post/Check IP Print Post    Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only) Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only)

Eave edge measures 65 across the front with the angled returns at 42, the swept pans measure 38 inches

Roof is not compromised, just dented. Need to complete to close insurance claim. Insurance company has no numbers to compare to, they are willing to take a contract price for the job.

2 windows, both are the same.

Slate_man (Slate_man)
Username: Slate_man

Post Number: 624
Posted on Thursday, August 05, 2010 - 05:09 pm:   Edit Post Delete Post View Post/Check IP Print Post    Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only) Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only)

Are they big, got any picture. Are you replaceing them, whats the time line???

Bud (Bud)
Username: Bud

Post Number: 8
Posted on Thursday, August 05, 2010 - 12:10 pm:   Edit Post Delete Post View Post/Check IP Print Post    Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only) Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only)

Sorry, I know it's not slate but I thought I would get the most eyes here. Hail damage to two copper roofs over bay windows, ties into brick.

Can anyone help me with this one, located in central PA. Willing to assist for the experience.

email at bud@foglemanroofing.com or call direct at 717-363-0433

Thanks....I'll be waiting.

Add Your Message Here
This is a private posting area. Only registered users and moderators may post messages here.
Password:
Options: Enable HTML code in message
Automatically activate URLs in message
Action:

Topics | Last Day | Last Week | Tree View | Search | User List | Help/Instructions | Program Credits Administration