I say 'tar & feathering' isn't good e... Log Out | Topics | Search
Moderators | Register | Edit Profile

Slate Roof Central Message Board » Slate Roofs » I say 'tar & feathering' isn't good enough! « Previous Next »

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message

Old_school (Old_school)
Username: Old_school

Post Number: 466
Posted on Wednesday, May 12, 2010 - 09:36 pm:   Edit Post Delete Post View Post/Check IP Print Post    Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only) Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only)

Sounds about right to me! What were they thinking? I drove to the other side of the state today to do an inspection. Very nice multi colored slate roof.
Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message

Blue_sky_roofing (Blue_sky_roofing)
Username: Blue_sky_roofing

Post Number: 15
Posted on Wednesday, May 12, 2010 - 05:34 pm:   Edit Post Delete Post View Post/Check IP Print Post    Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only) Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only)

Had some slate to change on the first row today...
Guess how many nails it takes to hold a slate.

"Two"? you say. Wrong!

"Four"? Nope. Not good enough!

"Five"? Your dreaming!

It takes six nails to hold a slate.
They had 2 in the proper place. Then they drove 2 in the very top corners. And then when they drove the 2nd row, they nailed in the head lap of the 1st row. Every 1st row slate was like that. The rest of the roof is fine; but make sure that first row doesn't get away.

Ok. I'm through venting now.

Add Your Message Here
This is a private posting area. Only registered users and moderators may post messages here.
Password:
Options: Enable HTML code in message
Automatically activate URLs in message
Action:

Topics | Last Day | Last Week | Tree View | Search | User List | Help/Instructions | Program Credits Administration