I looked at one yesterday. Log Out | Topics | Search
Moderators | Register | Edit Profile

Slate Roof Central Message Board » Slate Roofs » I looked at one yesterday. « Previous Next »

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message

Old_school (Old_school)
Username: Old_school

Post Number: 390
Posted on Monday, February 01, 2010 - 09:35 pm:   Edit Post Delete Post View Post/Check IP Print Post    Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only) Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only)

I was wondering if that was Buck. What a waste of good tar!

Tinner666 (Tinner666)
Username: Tinner666

Post Number: 68
Posted on Monday, February 01, 2010 - 05:48 pm:   Edit Post Delete Post View Post/Check IP Print Post    Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only) Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only)

Almost positive they're Buckingham. I think I saw a bare area or 2 of them elsewhere. I was so flabbergasted, I just didn't even think to take pics until I crawled back in the window. It's about 44' to the gutter and hard to see from the ground.
Building used to be a mental hospital. Now converted to condos with 1 month left on warranty.

For some reason, he hasn't called back'

I did reccoment the company, by name, that scerwed all those other roof I recently posted pix of. I told him about their work "and that they didn't mind slinging mud anywhere. They KNOW how to think outside the box!"

Slate Roof Repairs, Richmond, Va.

Joe (Joe)
Username: Joe

Post Number: 512
Posted on Monday, February 01, 2010 - 12:40 pm:   Edit Post Delete Post View Post/Check IP Print Post    Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only) Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only)

What kind of slate is under the tar?

Branden_wilson (Branden_wilson)
Username: Branden_wilson

Post Number: 89
Posted on Sunday, January 31, 2010 - 01:48 pm:   Edit Post Delete Post View Post/Check IP Print Post    Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only) Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only)

way to be honest bro!

REAL SLATER

Old_school (Old_school)
Username: Old_school

Post Number: 388
Posted on Friday, January 29, 2010 - 08:55 pm:   Edit Post Delete Post View Post/Check IP Print Post    Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only) Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only)

Doesn't look like there is much left to work with there. Why is it that the owners of the old "junk" roofs want to save them and the ones with the perfectly good slate roofs insist on tearing them off? There are some problems with the brick work on that one too!

Tinner666 (Tinner666)
Username: Tinner666

Post Number: 66
Posted on Friday, January 29, 2010 - 07:26 pm:   Edit Post Delete Post View Post/Check IP Print Post    Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only) Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only)

A GC called and asked me to quote a repair. I looked at it and told him I could do 'Hail Mary' repairs only.
That got a look! He asked what I meant.
I said To set a budget of, say $3,000., at 'per slate'. Then, I'd call when i hit $3K, get paid, and we'd see if it worked. If not, set budget again and we'd do another $3K, or so until we got it.
He asked how high it could go.
I said " Until you run out of money."

We were talking about 2 specific leaks out of about 120-150 square roof. 4/12, 8x14's

Slate Roof Repairs, Richmond, Va.

Add Your Message Here
This is a private posting area. Only registered users and moderators may post messages here.
Password:
Options: Enable HTML code in message
Automatically activate URLs in message
Action:

Topics | Last Day | Last Week | Tree View | Search | User List | Help/Instructions | Program Credits Administration