Deb in Baltimore Log Out | Topics | Search
Moderators | Register | Edit Profile

Slate Roof Central Message Board » Slate Roofs » Deb in Baltimore « Previous Next »

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message

Deb (Deb)
Username: Deb

Post Number: 14
Posted on Saturday, January 23, 2010 - 01:38 am:   Edit Post Delete Post View Post/Check IP Print Post    Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only) Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only)

OK~~ Great help, Milo! Thank You~

Deb (Deb)

Post Number: 13
Posted on Saturday, January 23, 2010 - 01:31 am:   Edit Post Delete Post View Post/Check IP Print Post    Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only) Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only)

Thank you Joe and Milo~~~ testing to see if my post comes thru~~

Milo (Milo)
Username: Milo

Post Number: 8
Posted on Monday, January 18, 2010 - 07:27 pm:   Edit Post Delete Post View Post/Check IP Print Post    Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only) Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only)

Deb,
Try the following if applicable...
Look at the bottom of the posting page. On my screen a icon of an eye with a red circle diag. line (think ghost busters) is found. double click on it and a list of cookies from joes site comes up. double click on one of the cookies and a box will pop up and ask "how should cookies on jenkins slate be handled". click on "always allow cookies on this site" and the click OK. Im sure that your computer has something similar. Mine was tied into the security settings of my computer.

hope this helps.

Joe (Joe)
Username: Joe

Post Number: 505
Posted on Monday, January 18, 2010 - 05:42 pm:   Edit Post Delete Post View Post/Check IP Print Post    Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only) Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only)

Hi Joe~~

I have been unable to post on the Slate Message Board. I sign in , do a review of the post , then hit post msg and nothing.

Please let me know what I need to do. Here is a copy of my message, maybe you can post foe me???

Thanks,
Deb

Deb (Deb)

Post Number: 13
Posted on Monday, January 18, 2010 - 01:30 pm:

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
News on the Roof~~~ Guy that started the roof months ago and never came back, showed up this past Saturday and worked on the roof. I was unable to work with him, but stopped by, and realized after I got back home that there was NO rotted wood in the debris pile. I have NO idea what was done up there till I can get back on the roof. I'll let you know. I'm steaming about this. This is what happens when family and work mix. Not good. My brother in law previously owned the home and this was HIS guy. He KNEW I was attempting to get a slater up there and yet went behind my back and got his friend to resume work. This guy had covered over rotted wood with roofing paper last time he worked and I didn't want him back. I'll let you know the condition of the repairs as far as I can see...from the adjoining roof. I did see he used all different kinds of slate~~~ Not looking good up there.

Joe (Joe)
Username: Joe

Post Number: 504
Posted on Monday, January 18, 2010 - 09:42 am:   Edit Post Delete Post View Post/Check IP Print Post    Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only) Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only)

Someone recently emailed me and said he couldn't post. Then he checked his cookies and noticed they were shut off. When he re-enabled cookies, it worked. That's because the message board remembers your name and password, but if cookies are disabled, it can't. So when you try to post, it won't let you. Have her check into that.

Old_school (Old_school)
Username: Old_school

Post Number: 379
Posted on Sunday, January 17, 2010 - 01:03 pm:   Edit Post Delete Post View Post/Check IP Print Post    Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only) Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only)

Hey Joe, she emailed me and has been trying to post here but for some reason it won't let her.

Sounds like a friend of a friend that was working on it before showed up and did some more damage while she was away for the day. She sounds Pizzed may I say. How can she get back on?

Add Your Message Here
This is a private posting area. Only registered users and moderators may post messages here.
Password:
Options: Enable HTML code in message
Automatically activate URLs in message
Action:

Topics | Last Day | Last Week | Tree View | Search | User List | Help/Instructions | Program Credits Administration