What Owner Need To Know Log Out | Topics | Search
Moderators | Register | Edit Profile

Slate Roof Central Message Board » Slate Roofs » What Owner Need To Know « Previous Next »

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message

Tinner666 (Tinner666)
Advanced Member
Username: Tinner666

Post Number: 47
Posted on Tuesday, December 15, 2009 - 05:51 pm:   Edit Post Delete Post View Post/Check IP Print Post    Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only) Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only)

Not much different than the 'pros' around here like to do. sheeeeesh.
DOn't forget to include removing the plywood and maybe resheathing the building to your new bid.

Slate Roof Repairs, Richmond, Va.
<A HREF="http://www.albertsroofing.com" TARGET="_blank">Slate Roof Repairs, Richmond, Va.</A>

Olde_mohawk_masonry__historic_restoration (Olde_mohawk_masonry__historic_restoration)
Username: Olde_mohawk_masonry__historic_restoration

Post Number: 95
Posted on Wednesday, December 09, 2009 - 03:54 pm:   Edit Post Delete Post View Post/Check IP Print Post    Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only) Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only)

Thanks for the laugh, Liam. Now THAT'S comedy! (looks like their bond is all f'd up and by the next course it'll be stacked, but why split hairs?)

Old_school (Old_school)
Username: Old_school

Post Number: 307
Posted on Wednesday, December 09, 2009 - 03:08 pm:   Edit Post Delete Post View Post/Check IP Print Post    Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only) Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only)

Hey Liam, now is the time to "add" value to the job. I would start with about a 35% increase in whatever price you gave him originally and would add for removing the crap they did to impede you.

That is unbelievable!

Slate_man (Slate_man)
Username: Slate_man

Post Number: 521
Posted on Wednesday, December 09, 2009 - 06:57 am:   Edit Post Delete Post View Post/Check IP Print Post    Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only) Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only)

Well the owner has called me back, thats how I got the pictures. Know I have to figure out if I what to do the job?

Chris (Chris)
Intermediate Member
Username: Chris

Post Number: 32
Posted on Tuesday, December 08, 2009 - 05:41 pm:   Edit Post Delete Post View Post/Check IP Print Post    Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only) Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only)

{{This is a leaker!! They are over and undernailing due to the gun, and they are also nailing it too close to the center of the slate!! Liam, you should tell the owner to stop the project before they do more damage.}}

hey, dont make fun of the job just yet....i think the bid included covering the finished roof with tar so she would be watertight.

Old_school (Old_school)

Post Number: 304
Posted on Tuesday, December 08, 2009 - 05:06 pm:   Edit Post Delete Post View Post/Check IP Print Post    Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only) Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only)

John, I think that the "owner" is the problem here. If he is letting this go on, he doesn't know his arse from a hot rock.

I can't believe he has somoeone of Liams ability looking at the roof and he lets a clown and a bad one at that work on his roof. I wonder what this fool would do if I told him I would work on his car and then proceeded to start hammering on the bolts with a sledge to try and "take" them out?

That is about as dumb as I have ever seen! wow!

John_chan (John_chan)
Advanced Member
Username: John_chan

Post Number: 47
Posted on Tuesday, December 08, 2009 - 03:44 pm:   Edit Post Delete Post View Post/Check IP Print Post    Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only) Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only)

This is a leaker!! They are over and undernailing due to the gun, and they are also nailing it too close to the center of the slate!! Liam, you should tell the owner to stop the project before they do more damage.

Slate_man (Slate_man)

Post Number: 519
Posted on Tuesday, December 08, 2009 - 07:00 am:   Edit Post Delete Post View Post/Check IP Print Post    Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only) Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only)

Thats it, there air for the gun and nails waiting to be used. No line were snapped, and they are using or reusing all steel flashing which was there. The slate is PA and should not be re-used again. They installed plywood and ice and water to. Most of the slate is braking as they install it, but they just keep on going.

If I was to bid it I would of installed all new, go figure.

Oh wait I did bid it and lose this job to this JOKER !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Old_school (Old_school)

Post Number: 303
Posted on Monday, December 07, 2009 - 05:31 pm:   Edit Post Delete Post View Post/Check IP Print Post    Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only) Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only)

Are they really nailing it on with a gun nailer? OMG What a crock of shat!!!

Chris (Chris)
Intermediate Member
Username: Chris

Post Number: 31
Posted on Monday, December 07, 2009 - 10:36 am:   Edit Post Delete Post View Post/Check IP Print Post    Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only) Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only)

the list goes on and an liam....
where to begin?

Slate_man (Slate_man)

Post Number: 518
Posted on Monday, December 07, 2009 - 06:54 am:   Edit Post Delete Post View Post/Check IP Print Post    Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only) Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only)

Here is some stuff you don't want to see on a slate roof, can you pick it out? If you see these items on a slate roof, there not slate roofers.
Incorrect slate roofing

Incorrect slate roofing

This is very poor roofing!

Add Your Message Here
This is a private posting area. Only registered users and moderators may post messages here.
Password:
Options: Enable HTML code in message
Automatically activate URLs in message
Action:

Topics | Last Day | Last Week | Tree View | Search | User List | Help/Instructions | Program Credits Administration