Need to dump slate. Can it be recycled? Log Out | Topics | Search
Moderators | Register | Edit Profile

Slate Roof Central Message Board » Slate Roofs » Need to dump slate. Can it be recycled? « Previous Next »

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message

Jimmyjim (Jimmyjim)
Username: Jimmyjim

Post Number: 16
Posted on Wednesday, October 14, 2009 - 08:33 am:   Edit Post Delete Post View Post/Check IP Print Post    Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only) Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only)

I'll check into that-Thanks.

Todd_whitney (Todd_whitney)
Username: Todd_whitney

Post Number: 1
Posted on Tuesday, October 13, 2009 - 06:37 pm:   Edit Post Delete Post View Post/Check IP Print Post    Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only) Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only)

I take ours to a quarry and they crush it to use in paving roads. You may want to check with the quarries in your area. Last time I had 6 ton and it only cost $45 so cost wise it works well.

Old_school (Old_school)
Username: Old_school

Post Number: 262
Posted on Monday, October 12, 2009 - 08:04 pm:   Edit Post Delete Post View Post/Check IP Print Post    Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only) Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only)

A couple of things come to mind. I know that some people like to have small pieces to paint on for cutesey are projects. Addresses and welcome signs.

On the other hand, slate is rock and it doesn't hurt anything if you put it back in the ground where it came from. No ill effects, and no polution.

Slate_man (Slate_man)
Username: Slate_man

Post Number: 497
Posted on Monday, October 12, 2009 - 06:27 pm:   Edit Post Delete Post View Post/Check IP Print Post    Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only) Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only)

*Note to all slate roofers slate is green material and dosn't need to go in land fills, we found a a company by this job in NY Long Island that takes old slate roofs and crushes them to make in to road aggregates. One more reason to go with a traditional slate roof or a natural materials. See post slate and concrete

Jimmyjim (Jimmyjim)
Username: Jimmyjim

Post Number: 15
Posted on Monday, October 12, 2009 - 10:41 am:   Edit Post Delete Post View Post/Check IP Print Post    Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only) Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only)

Hello.

I'm doing my roof slate for the 1st. time and was wondering if the stuff can be recycled somehow. The slate is spent. I know that you can recycle concrete and was wondering if there is some place I might be able to bring this instead of a dump.

Thanks.

Add Your Message Here
This is a private posting area. Only registered users and moderators may post messages here.
Password:
Options: Enable HTML code in message
Automatically activate URLs in message
Action:

Topics | Last Day | Last Week | Tree View | Search | User List | Help/Instructions | Program Credits Administration