Preventive maintenance for slate roof Log Out | Topics | Search
Moderators | Register | Edit Profile

Slate Roof Central Message Board » Slate Roofs » Preventive maintenance for slate roof « Previous Next »

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message

Bryan Everitt
Posted on Wednesday, August 25, 2004 - 01:00 am:   Edit Post Delete Post View Post/Check IP Print Post    Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only) Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only)

Just bought an 1878 house with a slate roof. How often should I have the roof inspected? Everything seems to be fine now, no leaks, but I want to make sure it lasts as long as possible. Thanks.

Bryan
Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message

Spencer P.
Posted on Wednesday, August 25, 2004 - 04:27 pm:   Edit Post Delete Post View Post/Check IP Print Post    Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only) Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only)

Bryan,
To our customers we offer an annual inspection service. We usually perform this in the spring to check on how tough the winter has been. But, not all our customer's elect to have this service but they all want me to stop by every two to three years. So i'd say since you just bought it (congratulations on your new ownership of the greatest roof known to man) have it inspected, then it's your decision after that. I'd suggest every 1-3 years. OH YEA make sure you have a slate roof professional do the inspection other wise you may need work sooner than you think! Spencer P.

Add Your Message Here
This is a private posting area. Only registered users and moderators may post messages here.
Password:
Options: Enable HTML code in message
Automatically activate URLs in message
Action:

Topics | Last Day | Last Week | Tree View | Search | User List | Help/Instructions | Program Credits Administration