My Favorite Roof Log Out | Topics | Search
Moderators | Register | Edit Profile

Slate Roof Central Message Board » Slate Roofs » My Favorite Roof « Previous Next »

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message

Slate_man (Slate_man)
Username: Slate_man

Post Number: 435
Posted on Tuesday, July 21, 2009 - 03:20 pm:   Edit Post Delete Post View Post/Check IP Print Post    Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only) Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only)

Here these picture will help peolpe understand what they are real looking at. This is whats in slate country.

newmont

newmont 2

Old_school (Old_school)
Username: Old_school

Post Number: 177
Posted on Wednesday, July 08, 2009 - 08:38 pm:   Edit Post Delete Post View Post/Check IP Print Post    Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only) Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only)

I have seen some of the larger thicker slates with 4 total holes for nails. The one roof we did with that thexture was 12" slates with 15% 16" slates mixed in. It was laid random with a huge stagger that made the rows almost interweave. 4 different colors and quite a bit of difference in thickness. Very fun to roof, but it took a Looong time to do.

Braymer (Braymer)
Username: Braymer

Post Number: 125
Posted on Wednesday, July 08, 2009 - 09:03 am:   Edit Post Delete Post View Post/Check IP Print Post    Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only) Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only)

On those 3" slates , what fasteners/ nails do you use? And how many?
Just dealing with the different thicknesses and making them lay right looks difficult.

Braymer (Braymer)

Post Number: 121
Posted on Tuesday, July 07, 2009 - 07:49 am:   Edit Post Delete Post View Post/Check IP Print Post    Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only) Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only)

They also have my high school at the bottom of the Photo Gallery page.. Salem NY.
I drive by the Newmont yard just outside of Granville alot but never stopped in.

Old_school (Old_school)
Username: Old_school

Post Number: 170
Posted on Monday, July 06, 2009 - 07:18 pm:   Edit Post Delete Post View Post/Check IP Print Post    Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only) Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only)

We did one similiar to that about 15 years ago. I too think it is one of the neatest looking roofs around. Happy hunting!

Slate_man (Slate_man)
Username: Slate_man

Post Number: 429
Posted on Monday, July 06, 2009 - 02:08 pm:   Edit Post Delete Post View Post/Check IP Print Post    Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only) Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only)

I think that is the house of the owner of

Newmont Slate, Real Vermont Roofing Slate, |Vermont Black| slate roof>
The Real Vermont Roofing Slate office is located at Newmont Slate's Largest Quarry in West Pawlet, Vermont, near the New York border. Newmont Slate is ...

www.realvermontroofingslate.com/

A graduated, random width slate roof in thicknesses from 3 to 1 in a variety of colors.
Look in the PHOTO GALLERY

Braymer (Braymer)

Post Number: 120
Posted on Monday, July 06, 2009 - 08:31 am:   Edit Post Delete Post View Post/Check IP Print Post    Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only) Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only)

I found it! After seeing this great house in the Slate Roof Bible, I have always thought about it. So last week we set out to find it (still raining dammit), and I am glad we did, wow - random width, length, thickness and color, -- and only 20-25 minutes from my Moms house in Granville ! I just stood there staring at this place for quite a while and got a few photos. No one had me arrested so I guess it was OK. http://picasaweb.google.com/EBraymer/LakeStCatherineHouse#

Add Your Message Here
This is a private posting area. Only registered users and moderators may post messages here.
Password:
Options: Enable HTML code in message
Automatically activate URLs in message
Action:

Topics | Last Day | Last Week | Tree View | Search | User List | Help/Instructions | Program Credits Administration