Reroofing a library and curved flashi... Log Out | Topics | Search
Moderators | Register | Edit Profile

Slate Roof Central Message Board » Slate Roofs » Reroofing a library and curved flashing on eaves « Previous Next »

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message

monica
Posted on Wednesday, March 17, 2004 - 08:27 pm:   Edit Post Delete Post View Post/Check IP Print Post    Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only) Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only)

Hello,

I'm in the midst of preparing a bid to reroof a very small library, and I have a couple of questions if anybody would mind answering them. I was planning to use ice and water sheild as an underlayment over the whole roof, mainly to make sure that there are no leaks while the slate is off ( i'm in new england, and the weather isn't exactly predictable) I've had 30 lb. felt get shredded by the wind, and I don't want to soak the books. Is there any reason not to do this?

This building's roof curves to almost flat in the final two feet above the eaves, and it originally had a sheet of flashing that ran continuous along the eaves. I'm not entirely sure how to deal with the corners, as it has a hip roof. if anyone has any ideas or any suggestions of books etc. I would greatly appreciate it. Thank you.

------------------------------------------------------------------------

Add Your Message Here
This is a private posting area. Only registered users and moderators may post messages here.
Password:
Options: Enable HTML code in message
Automatically activate URLs in message
Action:

Topics | Last Day | Last Week | Tree View | Search | User List | Help/Instructions | Program Credits Administration