What to charge? Log Out | Topics | Search
Moderators | Register | Edit Profile

Slate Roof Central Message Board » Slate Roofs » What to charge? « Previous Next »

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message

Steve T JR
Posted on Thursday, December 04, 2003 - 11:04 pm:   Edit Post Delete Post View Post/Check IP Print Post    Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only) Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only)

We are putting slate back on a roof. The home owners built a domer off of the main roof 10Ft by 10FT we are replacing the slate all around the domer but there is an addition comming off the end of the house that is off set and the addition roof and domer roof are about a foot and a half apart and two feet between the domer and addition walls, they have very large overhangs? we put all the slate on the addition, but how should I charge for the replacement and the small and hard to get to areas, by a repair charge or by the square????? or some other way we have around 2 square to put back on and fill in to the old slate all around the new domer.

Anonymous
Posted on Friday, December 05, 2003 - 12:24 am:   Edit Post Delete Post View Post/Check IP Print Post    Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only) Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only)

If you are not sure either Time and material-$65.00 to 75.00/man hr.plus material- Or 2 men for 2 days whatever it cost you plus profit?-What size slate? Wall flashing? valleys?(copper) Salvaged/New slate?-I would charge around $2200.00 Labor&Material,If I thought it would take us 2 days(salvaged slate).Without looking at it,just an estimate?

Steve T
Posted on Friday, December 05, 2003 - 07:38 am:   Edit Post Delete Post View Post/Check IP Print Post    Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only) Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only)

the slates are 16x8, the contractor will do the flashing all we are doing is the step flashing. the slate is used but the areas are a pain to work in due to them being so close. I am also in VT so the cost are alittle cheaper.

Anonymous
Posted on Friday, December 05, 2003 - 10:03 am:   Edit Post Delete Post View Post/Check IP Print Post    Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only) Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only)

you just started installing in addition to your slate supply company,If I remember right? So you know you have quite a bit of labor installing 16x8's-Charge time and material-$50.00/man hr.is fair.

Add Your Message Here
This is a private posting area. Only registered users and moderators may post messages here.
Password:
Options: Enable HTML code in message
Automatically activate URLs in message
Action:

Topics | Last Day | Last Week | Tree View | Search | User List | Help/Instructions | Program Credits Administration