Wilde roofing ? Log Out | Topics | Search
Moderators | Register | Edit Profile

Slate Roof Central Message Board » Slate Roofs » Wilde roofing ? « Previous Next »

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message

Slate Affair Inc.
Username: Slate_man

Post Number: 295
Posted on Wednesday, November 19, 2008 - 09:06 pm:   Edit Post Delete Post View Post/Check IP Print Post    Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only) Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only)

Change the direction of the slate and add some frameing in the valley to round it out more. Also most eyebrows I have done the bottom few course of slate fade or stop, before a full course of slate goes over the top. You need to think round but flat.

James Moran
Username: Grnjp92

Post Number: 6
Posted on Wednesday, November 19, 2008 - 05:52 pm:   Edit Post Delete Post View Post/Check IP Print Post    Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only) Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only)

If you all can access that photo you will see that the mudman was there!

It looks to me that I am going to have to change the direction of the water lines to get a slate only fix.

My other thought; although Im not keen on, is to flash with copper under the slate, much like you would under cedar shake. Holding the original look with the water lines running the wrong way.

Any advice is apprecated.

James Moran

Post Number: 4
Posted on Wednesday, November 19, 2008 - 05:17 pm:   Edit Post Delete Post View Post/Check IP Print Post    Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only) Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only)

And apparently not let us see if this works.{img}http://s477.photobucket.com/albums/rr136/grnjp92/th_Pic005.jpg(img)

James Moran

Post Number: 3
Posted on Wednesday, November 19, 2008 - 05:04 pm:   Edit Post Delete Post View Post/Check IP Print Post    Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only) Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only)

I was incorrect in the use of eyebrow dormer.

Lets see if I can atleast imbed these pics
http://www.flickr.com/photos/32600442@N04/3043700585/

Slate Affair Inc.
Username: Slate_man

Post Number: 291
Posted on Monday, November 17, 2008 - 05:44 am:   Edit Post Delete Post View Post/Check IP Print Post    Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only) Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only)

A picture of what you are repairing would be great to see.

Kurtis Hord
Username: Kwhord

Post Number: 113
Posted on Sunday, November 16, 2008 - 10:54 pm:   Edit Post Delete Post View Post/Check IP Print Post    Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only) Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only)

Can you post a spec, shop drawing, or pictures?

James Moran

Post Number: 2
Posted on Sunday, November 16, 2008 - 03:10 pm:   Edit Post Delete Post View Post/Check IP Print Post    Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only) Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only)

I have a project where I am going to be repairing a eyebrow type dormer.

Outside quarter round ending in a closed valley. Valley is stepped in and not leaking, the round tieing from the valley to the flat of the roof is however.
Having never done one of these I'm hoping someone has a diagram for flashing detail.

Now I have a good amount of knowlege on flashing and am going to be tearing this apart myself, so in theory I will have a templete to work off of.
However I dont want it to fail as the original did after 50 years.

Looking forward to some insight

thanks James

Add Your Message Here
This is a private posting area. Only registered users and moderators may post messages here.
Password:
Options: Enable HTML code in message
Automatically activate URLs in message
Action:

Topics | Last Day | Last Week | Tree View | Search | User List | Help/Instructions | Program Credits Administration