New slate roof in commercial construc... Log Out | Topics | Search
Moderators | Register | Edit Profile

Slate Roof Central Message Board » Slate Roofs » New slate roof in commercial construction « Previous Next »

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message

Carol McLaughlin
Posted on Tuesday, November 04, 2003 - 12:30 pm:   Edit Post Delete Post View Post/Check IP Print Post    Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only) Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only)

I am an architect in Chicago and would like to propoerly detail a new slate roof for a church addition. Building code says the roof needs to have a one hour roof assembly of non conbustible framing. Currently the addition has steel framing- structural C channels with a metal deck. How do I attach the slate? Obviously the slate offers fire resistance but what supporting documentation can I provide the builidng department-normally we would provide a UL listing. Any details or thoughts would be greatly appreciated.

Maribel
Posted on Thursday, November 06, 2003 - 12:36 am:   Edit Post Delete Post View Post/Check IP Print Post    Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only) Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only)

We are a roofing company specializing in slate. We may have a solution for you, you can reach us at 888-492-4789 and ask for Maribel.

Anonymous
Posted on Monday, November 10, 2003 - 03:41 am:   Edit Post Delete Post View Post/Check IP Print Post    Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only) Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only)

Do you care to share that solution with the
rest of us?

I think the idea of the message board is for
people to discuss things out in the open.

-- David Zimmerli

Add Your Message Here
This is a private posting area. Only registered users and moderators may post messages here.
Password:
Options: Enable HTML code in message
Automatically activate URLs in message
Action:

Topics | Last Day | Last Week | Tree View | Search | User List | Help/Instructions | Program Credits Administration