Need Advice w/ New Slate Job Log Out | Topics | Search
Moderators | Register | Edit Profile

Slate Roof Central Message Board » Slate Roofs » Need Advice w/ New Slate Job « Previous Next »

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message

Slate Affair Inc.
Username: Slate_man

Post Number: 158
Posted on Saturday, January 26, 2008 - 08:13 am:   Edit Post Delete Post View Post/Check IP Print Post    Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only) Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only)

Its not unheard of to have missing slate (same with the cracked one) but, should be fixed by the contractor for free. The roofer may have over look some of the roof and didn't see them. There shouldn't be odd colors, or hole.

What company sold the slate?
A few pictures are always great to see!
Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message

Andrew Stout
Username: Andy

Post Number: 1
Posted on Friday, January 25, 2008 - 01:30 pm:   Edit Post Delete Post View Post/Check IP Print Post    Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only) Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only)

My contractors just finished a new slate job last week and there are a few things that seem odd to me. Any thoughts would be appreciated. It snowed on them the last they were here. Within 24 hrs. of them leaving a slate broke and fell off the roof. Another has cracked. Is this expected? At the ridge of the house there is a portion that appears to be uneven and patched with some black stuff. Never noticed it with the old roof. Finally, there are about 6 courses of slate laid where I can see the drill holes in the interior. Which I assume would mean that they were redrilled. What would this do to the slate? There is more, but these are my major concerns. Contractor is waiting for warm weather to check on the roof.

Add Your Message Here
This is a private posting area. Only registered users and moderators may post messages here.
Password:
Options: Enable HTML code in message
Automatically activate URLs in message
Action:

Topics | Last Day | Last Week | Tree View | Search | User List | Help/Instructions | Program Credits Administration