Screwed Log Out | Topics | Search
Moderators | Register | Edit Profile

Slate Roof Central Message Board » Slate Roofs » Screwed « Previous Next »

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message

Anonymous
Posted on Wednesday, May 14, 2003 - 04:47 pm:   Edit Post Delete Post View Post/Check IP Print Post    Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only) Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only)

Okay, I'm at the end of my rope. It appears that I will have to screw down each slate in a roof application. (Commercial project,hospital occupancy and building codes prevent us from using wood on roof). Are there any other possibilites for a non-combustible sheathing that you could hand-nail to? Our Cem-Steel, which is non-combustible and pneumatically nailable, does not allow for the quickest installation. Anybody know of some intermediate system to hang slates from? By the way, Homasote has not fulfilled testing to prove to the building officials that it is usable for this project.

admin
Posted on Thursday, May 15, 2003 - 09:44 pm:   Edit Post Delete Post View Post/Check IP Print Post    Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only) Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only)

Can you hook the slates with slate hooks onto horizontal metal strips rather than using nails? Some slate hooks are designed to hook over 1" horizontal wood strips. This is common in Europe. Would save a hell of a lot of time if the structure is suitable.

Anonymous
Posted on Wednesday, June 16, 2004 - 12:15 pm:   Edit Post Delete Post View Post/Check IP Print Post    Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only) Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only)

What do you think of the Cem-Steel product, we are considering for use as a roof deck w/ shingles (nailed).

Add Your Message Here
This is a private posting area. Only registered users and moderators may post messages here.
Password:
Options: Enable HTML code in message
Automatically activate URLs in message
Action:

Topics | Last Day | Last Week | Tree View | Search | User List | Help/Instructions | Program Credits Administration