Need to repair the slate roof air ven... Log Out | Topics | Search
Moderators | Register | Edit Profile

Slate Roof Central Message Board » Slate Roofs » Need to repair the slate roof air vent pipe « Previous Next »

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message

Joe Jenkins
Username: Joe

Post Number: 183
Posted on Monday, October 15, 2007 - 08:26 am:   Edit Post Delete Post View Post/Check IP Print Post    Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only) Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only)

There are too many variables to be able to estimate a cost without knowing what they are.

Ann Domorad
Username: Anndomorad

Post Number: 2
Posted on Sunday, October 14, 2007 - 10:37 am:   Edit Post Delete Post View Post/Check IP Print Post    Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only) Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only)

Thanks, Joe. I thought maybe there was some base cost for getting up on a slate roof we could consider. The vent is about 5-7 inches in diameter.

Joe Jenkins
Username: Joe

Post Number: 180
Posted on Saturday, October 13, 2007 - 10:45 am:   Edit Post Delete Post View Post/Check IP Print Post    Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only) Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only)

There is a contractor directory on this site (see list at left). Regarding costs, it depends on the size of the vent, etc.

Ann Domorad
Username: Anndomorad

Post Number: 1
Posted on Friday, October 12, 2007 - 08:34 pm:   Edit Post Delete Post View Post/Check IP Print Post    Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only) Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only)

Hi, we have an 1890 home with a slate roof, and have noticed water leaks into the attic when it rains through the air vent pipe. It seems to us that we need a very simple repair of the flashing around the vent, which is a bit too far from the edge of the roof to reach from just a ladder, so will require someone getting on the roof or whatnot. My questions are:

1) What might be the cost range of a simple repair like this?
2) Does anyone have any suggestions of someone to contact in Montgomery County (Rockville, near Washington, DC) who will be fair with us?

We are on a fairly tight budget, and my husband even tried to get up there himself, but I convinced him that might not be a good idea.

Thanks, Ann

Add Your Message Here
This is a private posting area. Only registered users and moderators may post messages here.
Password:
Options: Enable HTML code in message
Automatically activate URLs in message
Action:

Topics | Last Day | Last Week | Tree View | Search | User List | Help/Instructions | Program Credits Administration