Can you clean a slate roof? Log Out | Topics | Search
Moderators | Register | Edit Profile

Slate Roof Central Message Board » Slate Roofs » Can you clean a slate roof? « Previous Next »

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message

Joe Jenkins
Username: Joe

Post Number: 106
Posted on Sunday, April 29, 2007 - 01:05 pm:   Edit Post Delete Post View Post/Check IP Print Post    Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only) Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only)

There is a slate roof cleaning link on the links page of this web site (http://www.slateroofcentral.com/links.html).

Slate Affair Inc.
Username: Slate_man

Post Number: 64
Posted on Wednesday, April 25, 2007 - 06:27 am:   Edit Post Delete Post View Post/Check IP Print Post    Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only) Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only)

I have only power washed slate before and brush it. I have never used any cleaners. It was also for slate siding not a roof. You may need to do some tree work to help with the staining. You do need to be careful!

Kathy Gulisano
Username: Gulisak

Post Number: 2
Posted on Tuesday, April 24, 2007 - 09:21 pm:   Edit Post Delete Post View Post/Check IP Print Post    Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only) Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only)

I have a roofer working on my roof and I asked him if it was possible to have it cleaned. He said he never heard of cleaning a slate roof. On one part of the roof it looks like green algae, and on the other side there was a big tree hanging over the roof and it looks like brown dirt on the roof. Is there something that can clean this? I was thinking of pouring bleach on the roof. Would this be ok?

Add Your Message Here
This is a private posting area. Only registered users and moderators may post messages here.
Password:
Options: Enable HTML code in message
Automatically activate URLs in message
Action:

Topics | Last Day | Last Week | Tree View | Search | User List | Help/Instructions | Program Credits Administration