How to do a dome roof? Log Out | Topics | Search
Moderators | Register | Edit Profile

Slate Roof Central Message Board » Slate Roofs » How to do a dome roof? « Previous Next »

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message

Slate Affair Inc.
Username: Slate_man

Post Number: 85
Posted on Sunday, May 06, 2007 - 08:32 am:   Edit Post Delete Post View Post/Check IP Print Post    Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only) Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only)

I have never done a dome but, after looking at the picture from Belgium it looked like they were useing flashing on the course they there on. Also I have worked on a few dormers that looked like witch hats, you know the big black pointed ones. Well to do these we had add lead, copper in different ways to make in water prof. And when doing a round valley you do so too. I would think from what I have done that useing flashing and smaller slate is what you will need to do. Post some picture as you do it. I would think you will need to cut the sides like then doing a turret too!! Have fun.

Joe Jenkins
Username: Joe

Post Number: 101
Posted on Wednesday, April 25, 2007 - 11:45 am:   Edit Post Delete Post View Post/Check IP Print Post    Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only) Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only)

Is this the sort of dome you're talking about?

slate dome

Matthew Clonts
Username: 72matt

Post Number: 1
Posted on Tuesday, April 24, 2007 - 10:45 am:   Edit Post Delete Post View Post/Check IP Print Post    Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only) Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only)

How do I install slate on dome roof and keep the pieces from protruding out. I figure I either have to use short pieces or use a liner on each course. If I use short pieces the slate won't lay completely flat. Anyone with experience in this?

Add Your Message Here
This is a private posting area. Only registered users and moderators may post messages here.
Password:
Options: Enable HTML code in message
Automatically activate URLs in message
Action:

Topics | Last Day | Last Week | Tree View | Search | User List | Help/Instructions | Program Credits Administration