Slate roof in Northern Maine Log Out | Topics | Search
Moderators | Register | Edit Profile

Slate Roof Central Message Board » Slate Roofs » Slate roof in Northern Maine « Previous Next »

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message

Peter Laughlin
Username: Plaughlin1

Post Number: 3
Posted on Wednesday, March 14, 2007 - 08:20 am:   Edit Post Delete Post View Post/Check IP Print Post    Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only) Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only)

Wow, seems like quit a few people have worked on that project.
From what i heard the main tent cost about 1.5 million to errect.
The sad thing is that halfway through the job the roof was shredded off by a nasty windstorm, i cant imagine how much it cost to replace it,

Slate Affair Inc.
Username: Slate_man

Post Number: 16
Posted on Wednesday, March 14, 2007 - 06:19 am:   Edit Post Delete Post View Post/Check IP Print Post    Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only) Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only)

I though that I made some big tented in areas, Peter yours takes the cake. Here's a glass roof I did along with slate on the main house.
stagingstaging

Peter Laughlin

Post Number: 2
Posted on Tuesday, March 13, 2007 - 10:54 pm:   Edit Post Delete Post View Post/Check IP Print Post    Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only) Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only)

Here is a couple of pic,
Peter

Peter Laughlin

Post Number: 1
Posted on Tuesday, March 13, 2007 - 10:46 pm:   Edit Post Delete Post View Post/Check IP Print Post    Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only) Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only)

HI Walter,Me & my crew are the ones that did the whole slate roofing project (except for the little roof you just did.
Do you know what happened to our slate cutters & grinders,etc, after you finished?
Was kinda hoping to head up there and finish the job myself, but i accepted a job with another company before it was ready.
If you think the tent over your work area was unique you should have seen when the whole job was covered with a tent last winter.
Anyway please get back to me about the equip.
Peter

Walter Musson
Username: Walter_musson

Post Number: 13
Posted on Friday, March 09, 2007 - 05:11 am:   Edit Post Delete Post View Post/Check IP Print Post    Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only) Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only)

Joe.
Did you see the area was tented in with visqueen and heated? It was almost too hot inside the tented area.

Joe Jenkins
Username: Joe

Post Number: 66
Posted on Thursday, March 08, 2007 - 05:28 pm:   Edit Post Delete Post View Post/Check IP Print Post    Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only) Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only)

Too bad they used OSB for a roof deck.

How can you be slating in Maine this time of year. It was -2 here in western PA last night and we have about a foot of snow.

Walter Musson
Username: Walter_musson

Post Number: 12
Posted on Wednesday, March 07, 2007 - 03:54 pm:   Edit Post Delete Post View Post/Check IP Print Post    Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only) Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only)

I got called to slate in this front entrance on a camp on Moosehead Lake last week.
There are some pictures of the roof- then many on the house band inside.
Walter
http://share.shutterfly.com/action/welcome?sid=8cbsmrhqz0g

Add Your Message Here
This is a private posting area. Only registered users and moderators may post messages here.
Password:
Options: Enable HTML code in message
Automatically activate URLs in message
Action:

Topics | Last Day | Last Week | Tree View | Search | User List | Help/Instructions | Program Credits Administration