Ludowici S style green tile Log Out | Topics | Search
Moderators | Register | Edit Profile

Slate Roof Central Message Board » Ceramic Tile Roofs » Ludowici S style green tile « Previous Next »

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message

Brycenesbitt (Brycenesbitt)
Intermediate Member
Username: Brycenesbitt

Post Number: 34
Posted on Friday, May 15, 2015 - 02:23 am:   Edit Post Delete Post View Post/Check IP Print Post    Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only) Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only)

This company http://www.strippingworkshop.com/ can strip paint off tile (San Francisco Bay Area).

Brycenesbitt (Brycenesbitt)
Intermediate Member
Username: Brycenesbitt

Post Number: 31
Posted on Thursday, December 18, 2014 - 04:00 am:   Edit Post Delete Post View Post/Check IP Print Post    Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only) Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only)

@Jbryan : there are "dip tank" paint stripping companies that can remove any paint from anything that can survive a dip.

Mr_ludowici (Mr_ludowici)
Username: Mr_ludowici

Post Number: 3
Posted on Thursday, July 31, 2014 - 03:46 pm:   Edit Post Delete Post View Post/Check IP Print Post    Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only) Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only)

Jbryan. If you got hit by hail you should consider going for replacement of the roof. At minimum a detach and reset of the tiles. Ludowici can color match your existing tiles and send you replacement tiles for either the entire roof or enough to replace the broken ones if you're just doing a detach and reset.

4stargeneral (4stargeneral)
Username: 4stargeneral

Post Number: 3
Posted on Thursday, April 17, 2014 - 11:52 pm:   Edit Post Delete Post View Post/Check IP Print Post    Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only) Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only)

Our company recently purchased approx 50,000 sq ft, estimated 35-40,000 usable, Ludowici roofing tiles off of an old church. There is 3 different types of tiles, Classic, Coffeyville, Small and a Large Ridge Cap (all green: some plain, some speckeled, some 2 holes, some with 1 hole ) We have Ludowici-Celadon from early 1900's, with dates on the tiles from 1917. All tiles are crated and ready to ship. Looking to sell partial or all. Please contact genaa1964@yahoo.com for more informatuon and photos.

Epl (Epl)
Username: Epl

Post Number: 140
Posted on Wednesday, May 29, 2013 - 09:44 am:   Edit Post Delete Post View Post/Check IP Print Post    Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only) Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only)

Jeff,
Concerning your painted tiles, typically we do not recommend painting them as you now see the results 12 years later. A paint will never last. The only product that I have tried personally came from Alberson's Roof Glaze (http://www.hydro-sheen.com/). They were able to match the color of an Ludowici Pure Oil Blue color that a client of mine required for a project in the Carolina's.

For your project, I would recommend using the matching color from salvaged stock. If you would like, you can send me photos via email so we can determine the color and then discuss the availability. most of the time, these tiles are available and are fairly reasonable in cost.

Thank you,

Renaissance Tile and Slate
Roof tile and slate | Material sales and acquisition

Eric P. Loema
sales | salvage | procurement
Office: (800) 699-5695
Fax: (815) 547-1425
Cell: (815) 378-3646
Web: www.TileandSlateSales.com
Email: epl@TileandSlateSales.com
Connect: www.linkedin.com/in/eloema
Network: www.facebook.com/TileSlate

Old_school (Old_school)
Username: Old_school

Post Number: 982
Posted on Sunday, May 26, 2013 - 09:53 pm:   Edit Post Delete Post View Post/Check IP Print Post    Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only) Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only)

Why did they paint Ludowici tiles? That is double fired and it is possible that it is the shiny glaze. If that is the case, try and power wash it. I will bet it comes right off, especially if it is already peeling. Durable slate and Renaissance roofing are always watching this forum and they can both get you the new pieces you need. there may be.others too. Where are you located?

Jbryan (Jbryan)
Username: Jbryan

Post Number: 1
Posted on Saturday, May 25, 2013 - 09:27 pm:   Edit Post Delete Post View Post/Check IP Print Post    Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only) Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only)

Need help!..... Hail has hit my home that is 99 years old. The original Ludowici S style green tile has been painted. I have found original green color tile available, if I can remove the paint. Paint is approx 12 years old and already pealing.
Can anyone refer product and/or a way to remove the paint while keeping the original color of the tile. Plans are underway to remove all tile and replace broken tile with green replacement tile.

Add Your Message Here
This is a private posting area. Only registered users and moderators may post messages here.
Password:
Options: Enable HTML code in message
Automatically activate URLs in message
Action:

Topics | Last Day | Last Week | Tree View | Search | User List | Help/Instructions | Program Credits Administration