Need Help on slate tile being put ove... Log Out | Topics | Search
Moderators | Register | Edit Profile

Slate Roof Central Message Board » Ceramic Tile Roofs » Need Help on slate tile being put over a garage « Previous Next »

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message

renee brown
Posted on Thursday, January 05, 2006 - 01:38 pm:   Edit Post Delete Post View Post/Check IP Print Post    Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only) Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only)

I was just wondering how water tight, and the steps I would need to put a slate tile floor on top of a flat roof garage we are building. We will be taking down the existing front porch railing, the want to incorporate slate tile that matches the slate tile we have on the front porch, then put a railing system around the top of the garage. Any suggestions? Please email me brownay2@aol.com
Thanks! Renee :)
Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message

admin
Posted on Thursday, January 05, 2006 - 10:28 pm:   Edit Post Delete Post View Post/Check IP Print Post    Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only) Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only)

A slate floor needs total rigidity (no bounce at all) and I doubt that you can expect it to be watertight if it's exposed to rain. What *would* work in that situation is a soldered seam (flat-lock) copper roof.

Joe

Add Your Message Here
This is a private posting area. Only registered users and moderators may post messages here.
Password:
Options: Enable HTML code in message
Automatically activate URLs in message
Action:

Topics | Last Day | Last Week | Tree View | Search | User List | Help/Instructions | Program Credits Administration