Looking for reputable roofing contractor Log Out | Topics | Search
Moderators | Register | Edit Profile

Slate Roof Central Message Board » Ceramic Tile Roofs » Looking for reputable roofing contractor « Previous Next »

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message

Damax (Damax)
Username: Damax

Post Number: 1
Posted on Sunday, September 18, 2011 - 02:50 pm:   Edit Post Delete Post View Post/Check IP Print Post    Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only) Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only)

I was just in Knoxville to look a replacing some slate roofs. I love Tile as well. Email me

John_chan (John_chan)
Username: John_chan

Post Number: 82
Posted on Tuesday, May 10, 2011 - 08:53 am:   Edit Post Delete Post View Post/Check IP Print Post    Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only) Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only)

Great. I just found out this morning that we are planning to be down in Tennessee next week to work on a University. You can talk to Emily in Cincinnati.

John Chan
Durable Slate Co.
www.durableslate.com
jchan@durableslate.com
800-666-7445

Ceacha (Ceacha)
Username: Ceacha

Post Number: 2
Posted on Monday, May 09, 2011 - 08:03 pm:   Edit Post Delete Post View Post/Check IP Print Post    Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only) Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only)

I will call. I have had difficulty in finding someone that knows what they are doing. The roof is about 75 years old and has 9 x 16 shingle tile on it. It is scored on the top. I think it is B. Mifflin Hood but I am not sure. I purchased some spares (about 1000) a while back so I should have plenty to replace broken or failed tile.

John_chan (John_chan)
Username: John_chan

Post Number: 81
Posted on Monday, May 09, 2011 - 06:46 pm:   Edit Post Delete Post View Post/Check IP Print Post    Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only) Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only)

I don't know the size or scope of your project, but our Cincinnati office works in the Knoxville/Gatlinburg area. I think it's about 3 1/2 - 4 hours away, but you can call the office at 513-621-3455 or 800-666-7445 and find out the next time we're in the area.

John Chan
Durable Slate Co.
www.durableslate.com
jchan@durableslate.com
800-666-7445

Ceacha (Ceacha)
Username: Ceacha

Post Number: 1
Posted on Monday, May 09, 2011 - 01:11 pm:   Edit Post Delete Post View Post/Check IP Print Post    Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only) Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only)

I am looking for a reputable roofing contractor in the Knoxville Tennessee area that has experience with a tile roof. All of the ones that I have spoken with seem to just want to remove the roof and replace with asphalt shingles. None have any experience with clay tiles and they do not want to learn.

Add Your Message Here
This is a private posting area. Only registered users and moderators may post messages here.
Password:
Options: Enable HTML code in message
Automatically activate URLs in message
Action:

Topics | Last Day | Last Week | Tree View | Search | User List | Help/Instructions | Program Credits Administration