Tile Roof Cleaning Tampa FL: By Apple... Log Out | Topics | Search
Moderators | Register | Edit Profile

Slate Roof Central Message Board » Ceramic Tile Roofs » Tile Roof Cleaning Tampa FL: By Apple Roof Cleaning Tampa « Previous Next »

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message

Apple_roof_cleaning_tampa (Apple_roof_cleaning_tampa)
Username: Apple_roof_cleaning_tampa

Post Number: 5
Posted on Thursday, October 29, 2009 - 10:07 pm:   Edit Post Delete Post View Post/Check IP Print Post    Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only) Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only)

Yeah, the black streaks on a roof are called algae, here in Tampa, Florida.
Some call it black streaks, mold, mildew, etc, etc.
But the name for it here in Tama is Roof Algae.

It spreads from roof to roof by invisible airborne spores, kinda like the Dandelions I knew back in Michigan.

Birds and other roof critters spread it from roof to roof as well.'
The humid climate here in Tampa breeds that stuff.
Tampa is a semi tropical climate.
This roof algae is spreading and hybridizing across the USA.
Roof Cleaning is not just a Florida thing anymore.
Many roofing contractors across the USA are getting into roof cleaning, and doing well.
I work closely with several roofing contractors here in Tampa, and clean roofs for them.
Often times, the roofing contractors will replace a square of shingles.
The new roofing shingles look weird, contrasted to the existing roof algae infested old shingles.
Our roofing contractor freinds know they can depend on us to go safely clean the old shingles.'
W/O blowing them apart with pressure cleaning.

We could sure use some of you veteran roofers on the roof cleaning institute forum ?

You can learn all about the latest non pressure roof cleaning methods and equipment there, and it is free.
Apple Tile Roof Cleaning Tampa
7401 Patrician Place
Tampa Florida
813 655 8777
www.saferoofcleaning.com

Post Number: 4
Posted on Saturday, February 07, 2009 - 04:42 pm:   Edit Post Delete Post View Post/Check IP Print Post    Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only) Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only)

If any of you shingle of tile roofing professionals are interested in tile roof cleaning, click this link http://roof-cleaning-institute.activeboard.com/
I am the founder of the Roof Cleaning Institute Of America.
We could sure use some of you veteran tile roofing peoples input.
Tile Roof Cleaning TampaTampa Tile Roof CleaningTile Roof Cleaning Tampa
Apple Tile Roof Cleaning Tampa
7401 Patrician Place
Tampa Florida
813 655 8777
www.saferoofcleaning.com

Post Number: 3
Posted on Saturday, February 07, 2009 - 04:00 pm:   Edit Post Delete Post View Post/Check IP Print Post    Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only) Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only)

Actually, I got my Tile Roof Cleaning pictures messed up.
This was a slate roof we cleaned in the Avila subdivision of Tampa.
We used a 4wd articulating boom lift called a genie to chemically clean this roof.
Sure didn't want to walk on these Tiles.
I will try and post some more pictures of this roof cleaning ?
Apple Roof Cleaning Tampa
7401 Patrician Place
Tampa Florida
813 655 8777
http://www.saferoofcleaning.com

Old_school (Old_school)
Intermediate Member
Username: Old_school

Post Number: 35
Posted on Monday, January 26, 2009 - 07:56 pm:   Edit Post Delete Post View Post/Check IP Print Post    Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only) Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only)

We installed thousands of squares of the Vandey Hey tile here in Michigan about 13 years ago. They have since changed their molds so that the tiles are now longer and wider than they used to be. When we were installing, the flat field tiles were 9 inches wide and they had an exposed lap of 12 inches. You could lay them so that the tiles lines up every other course, but we always laid them random. I think it looked better anyway. We also laid many of them with a staggered bottom exposure to give them more texture. Very nice!

I still like slate better than concrete however. It doesn't fade as much and it is even more natural looking.

David_spradlin (David_spradlin)
Advanced Member
Username: David_spradlin

Post Number: 45
Posted on Monday, January 26, 2009 - 12:10 pm:   Edit Post Delete Post View Post/Check IP Print Post    Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only) Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only)

What type of tile are you using. Nothing I've seen replicates slate that well. The corners and the variation in thickness and the butt-edges? Hard to produce at the plant.

Old_school (Old_school)
Intermediate Member

Post Number: 33
Posted on Sunday, January 25, 2009 - 05:03 pm:   Edit Post Delete Post View Post/Check IP Print Post    Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only) Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only)

We always used to lay our tile random. Looks just like that!

Slate_man (Slate_man)
Username: Slate_man

Post Number: 351
Posted on Sunday, January 25, 2009 - 01:53 pm:   Edit Post Delete Post View Post/Check IP Print Post    Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only) Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only)

I think that the hip cap is just as high as a slate hip would be too.

David_spradlin (David_spradlin)
Advanced Member
Username: David_spradlin

Post Number: 44
Posted on Sunday, January 25, 2009 - 12:19 pm:   Edit Post Delete Post View Post/Check IP Print Post    Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only) Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only)

I've seen some random width slab tile roofs, but they didn't look like that. I thought it looked like slate to.

Slate_man (Slate_man)

Post Number: 350
Posted on Saturday, January 24, 2009 - 06:33 am:   Edit Post Delete Post View Post/Check IP Print Post    Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only) Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only)

Ya, Well why is it a random roof.

Old_school (Old_school)
Intermediate Member

Post Number: 32
Posted on Friday, January 23, 2009 - 08:37 pm:   Edit Post Delete Post View Post/Check IP Print Post    Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only) Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only)

Nahh! That is tile. If you look at the ridges you can see how high they set up. They are preformed!

Slate_man (Slate_man)

Post Number: 349
Posted on Friday, January 23, 2009 - 05:59 am:   Edit Post Delete Post View Post/Check IP Print Post    Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only) Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only)

I think that looks like a slate roof to me!

Old_school (Old_school)
Intermediate Member

Post Number: 31
Posted on Thursday, January 22, 2009 - 08:50 pm:   Edit Post Delete Post View Post/Check IP Print Post    Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only) Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only)

Algae?

Post Number: 2
Posted on Thursday, January 22, 2009 - 12:47 pm:   Edit Post Delete Post View Post/Check IP Print Post    Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only) Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only)

Here are some tile roof cleaning before and after pictures of a tile roof we cleaned in Tampa.
This was a easy tile roof to clean, and cane out beautifully.
No Pressure was used to clean this tile roof.

Apple Roof Cleaning Tampa
7401 Patrician Place
Tampa Florida
813 655 8777
http://www.saferoofcleaning.com

Add Your Message Here
This is a private posting area. Only registered users and moderators may post messages here.
Password:
Options: Enable HTML code in message
Automatically activate URLs in message
Action:

Topics | Last Day | Last Week | Tree View | Search | User List | Help/Instructions | Program Credits Administration