Wanted information -Tile roof layouts... Log Out | Topics | Search
Moderators | Register | Edit Profile

Slate Roof Central Message Board » Ceramic Tile Roofs » Wanted information -Tile roof layouts_Flashing Details Ect. « Previous Next »

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message

slateworks
Posted on Friday, September 26, 2003 - 10:14 pm:   Edit Post Delete Post View Post/Check IP Print Post    Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only) Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only)

Hi,I am looking for Books,manuals,reference & How to guides ect.on Tile Roofing.If anyone can point me in the right direction ,would appreciate it .Thanks, Ron

Joe Jenkins
Posted on Saturday, September 27, 2003 - 12:57 pm:   Edit Post Delete Post View Post/Check IP Print Post    Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only) Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only)

You should be able to get it from Ludowici.

Ludowici Tile, PO Box 69; New Lexington, OH 43764; Ph 800-917-8998; ludowici@saint-gobain.com; www.ludowici.com

ttardy
Posted on Saturday, February 26, 2005 - 03:32 pm:   Edit Post Delete Post View Post/Check IP Print Post    Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only) Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only)

I am buying and renovating 75 year house with a Ludowici tile roof. Some "advisors" say replace the roof. (They sale roofs). Others say tile roofs should outlast the house. There is obvious leaking in the front walls of the house.
How do I know who to believe? Are there obvious signs that tile needs to be replaced.

admin
Posted on Saturday, February 26, 2005 - 08:54 pm:   Edit Post Delete Post View Post/Check IP Print Post    Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only) Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only)

Is the tile spalling (flaking apart), cracking, splitting or otherwise showing signs of deterioration and failing? If not, then the roof can and should be repaired and/or restored, not replaced. You will probably have to replace the flashings, or some of them. The leaking on the front walls can be coming fram a variety of sources - possibly broken tiles or old, improper repairs. You need to have a close look at it and find out what the problem is.

Add Your Message Here
This is a private posting area. Only registered users and moderators may post messages here.
Password:
Options: Enable HTML code in message
Automatically activate URLs in message
Action:

Topics | Last Day | Last Week | Tree View | Search | User List | Help/Instructions | Program Credits Administration